Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Squad

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
To say Hargreaves is not up to it, is odd. He is about the only player to come out of the last World Cup with any credit.

He does the holding midfield role superbly, is fairly quick, strong, good in the tackle and retains the possession. Oh a bit like Makelle, yet nobody would call for him to be dropped for not being good enough.

Regarding the Canada comment, well he grew up there, but has a Welsh parent and an English parent, so has every right to play for England. He also could have played for Germany under the residency rules, hence why Sven brought him on in Munich at the end of the 5-1, so he was competitively capped by England.

We actually have Tony Woodcock to thank for bringing him to the FA’s attention.

Totally agree. I also remember before the last World Cup we two were among a very small minority of people who thought that Hargreaves was underrated by most England fans. I'm still disturbed by the thought though that fenech1ephick1 could be a football coach ...

Apr 23, 2008
Shoreham
¤Dã?n¥ §êãGüLL¤;2405467 said:
For the Yanks & Trinidad friendlies

David James (Portsmouth), Joe Hart (Man City), Chris Kirkland (Wigan), Wayne Bridge (Chelsea), Wes Brown (Man Utd), Ashley Cole (Chelsea), Rio Ferdinand (Man Utd), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Glen Johnson (Chelsea), John Terry (Chelsea), Stephen Warnock (Blackburn), David Wheater (Middlesbrough), Jonathan Woodgate (Tottenham), Gareth Barry (Aston Villa), David Beckham (LA Galaxy), David Bentley (Blackburn), Joe Cole (Chelsea), Stewart Downing (Middlesbrough), Owen Hargreaves (Man Utd), Tom Huddlestone (Tottenham), Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), Jermaine Jenas (Tottenham), Frank Lampard (Chelsea), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Ashley Young (Aston Villa), Gabriel Agbonlahor (Aston Villa), Dean Ashton (West Ham), Peter Crouch (Liverpool), Jermain Defoe (Portsmouth), Michael Owen (Newcastle), Wayne Rooney (Man Utd).

I'm glad to see Stephen Warnock, Ashley Young and Agbonlahor in the squad because they've all had very good seasons with their clubs, hopefully they will all get a run-out.

Kenwyne Jones is out of the T+T game because he broke his wrist in the last game of the season against Arsenal, so that's a boost, he's a very good player.

This is the team I would start:

Hart

Brown Terry Ferdinand Warnock

Bentley Barry J.Cole Young

Rooney
Agbonlahor

What do you think?

Last edited:

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I'm glad to see Stephen Warnock, Ashley Young and Agbonlahor in the squad because they've all had very good seasons with their clubs, hopefully they will both get a run-out.

Kenwyne Jones is out of the T+T game because he broke his wrist in the last game of the season against Arsenal, so that's a boost, he's a very good player.

Hart

Rooney
Agbonlahor

What do you think?

Its nice to try and include fringe players, but that team really isnt good enough.

Its nice to try and include fringe players, but that team really isnt good enough.

It's only the USA and Trinidad though... might as well experiment a bit and try out some of the fringers.

The international experience could come in vital for the likes of Hart & Agbonlahor should we need them come the big games...

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I'm glad to see Stephen Warnock, Ashley Young and Agbonlahor in the squad because they've all had very good seasons with their clubs, hopefully they will all get a run-out.

Hart

Rooney
Agbonlahor

What do you think?

Good team, except get rid of Brown - Just terrible

J.Cole get him out of there, perhaps Jenas there, [if he has been selected cant remember or bothered to check]

but Agbonlahor should start

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here