Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Squad

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
id like to see hargreaves right back cole left back with a fully fit richards and ferdinand in the middle, Terry wouldnt get anywere near my centre back postion atm, woodgate would have a better chance.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
After the run in Man Utd and Cheslea have had (ie going down to the last game) and with the Champions League final on the 21st May I cant see the players from those clubs being 100% up for these two friendly matches.

I can see the fringe players playing the majority of the 90 minutes.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bentley is NOT overrated as compared with, say, Agbonlahor or Ashley Young.

One of the problems is that SO many of the players in the squad are THICK. The English spoken by any of the Dutch or French PISSES on the grunts, cliches and platitudes produced by the vast majority of the dullards in this squad.

How can we hope to get anywhere on the world stage unless our players understand the concept of keeping the ball, playing as a team and controlling a football match?

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
walcott lampard and hargreaves are all overated pieces of wank :censored: walcott maybe an olimpic sprinter at best lampard lazy shit and i can't stand people comparing him to gerrard when stevie g is so much beter than him and hargreaves a canadian playing for england wheres the sense in that and i don't think i have ever seen him pass a ball forward in his life and they all lack passion to play for there countrey when i no people would give a arm or a leg to play for england i have a pure hate for these players .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I hate Arsenal but have to concede that Walcott is one of the most exciting players in the country. Any teenager that can go up to Sunderland and score the winner must have some ability.

Sven got there 2 years early. Walcott has to be integrated into this team ready for WC2010, so why not start him now when he is fit and playing well?

walcott lampard and hargreaves are all overated pieces of wank :censored: walcott maybe an olimpic sprinter at best lampard lazy shit and i can't stand people comparing him to gerrard when stevie g is so much beter than him and hargreaves a canadian playing for england wheres the sense in that and i don't think i have ever seen him pass a ball forward in his life and they all lack passion to play for there countrey when i no people would give a arm or a leg to play for england i have a pure hate for these players .

Err who would you rather have in the squad? When was the last time Gerrard actually had a half-decent game for England?

I'm not particularly a Lampard fan (I would probably have Hargreaves-Gerrard as 2 centre mids) but he's not exactly a lazy shit.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003

Are you really a football coach?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

Your posts are the joke of NSC.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gerrard and Lampard are part of the failed generation, they've had plenty of chances but haven't delivered.

In any other sport they would have been dropped and made to fight for their place. Successful players like Matthew Hoggard, Andy Strauss, Josh Lewsey or Ben Kay have all experienced being dropped and it can work as a powerful motivational tool.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
One of the problems is that SO many of the players in the squad are THICK. The English spoken by any of the Dutch or French PISSES on the grunts, cliches and platitudes produced by the vast majority of the dullards in this squad.

How can we hope to get anywhere on the world stage unless our players understand the concept of keeping the ball, playing as a team and controlling a football match?

That I agree with.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Brains of 66 - Banks, Moore, Sir Bobby C, Peters, Hurst, Greaves
Brains of 90 - Butcher, Wright, Waddle, Lineker, Barnes
Brains of 08 - Hargreaves, er...

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Are you really a football coach?
I sincerely hope he isn't. If he is it sums up all that's wrong with England and the English football mentality - to say nothing of our educational system. (He was obviously off sick the day they did commas).

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I sincerely hope he isn't. If he is it sums up all that's wrong with England and the English football mentality - to say nothing of our educational system. (He was obviously off sick the day they did commas).

To say Hargreaves is not up to it, is odd. He is about the only player to come out of the last World Cup with any credit.

He does the holding midfield role superbly, is fairly quick, strong, good in the tackle and retains the possession. Oh a bit like Makelle, yet nobody would call for him to be dropped for not being good enough.

Regarding the Canada comment, well he grew up there, but has a Welsh parent and an English parent, so has every right to play for England. He also could have played for Germany under the residency rules, hence why Sven brought him on in Munich at the end of the 5-1, so he was competitively capped by England.

We actually have Tony Woodcock to thank for bringing him to the FA’s attention.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
He is correct to an extent, but Gazza, Walker and Pearce need to be included as well.

I would say they were intelligent footballers to an extent but not necessarily intelligent people. All have failed as managers.

We have some intelligent footballers now, Ferdinand, Terry, Lampard, Hargreaves, Barry, Rooney...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here