Barry
Downing
Dyer

Crouch
Owen
Bent
Ashton
Johnson

That looks a lot better. Just a bit weak on the left and up front but not to bad.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well I don't know what you're all moaning about. Lampard, Beckham, Cole, Terry, Robinson, Ferdinand, they're all there. All part of the 'Golden Generation' that are the best England have had since 1970. So what if Gerrard and Owen are injured? They're Englsih and even half-crocked they're obviously better than any foreigner.

(Sorry, one day I'll let this go ...)

Did he? It worked quite well for the French in 98.

I just think Owen is slowly losing his one main asset, his pace. By the time he is 30 I'm not so sure he will even be playing and if he is I think it will be in a limited capacity.

nine years ago. and we haven't produced a decent striker at this level since then

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well I don't know what you're all moaning about. Lampard, Beckham, Cole, Terry, Robinson, Ferdinand, they're all there. All part of the 'Golden Generation' that are the best England have had since 1970. So what if Gerrard and Owen are injured? They're Englsih and even half-crocked they're obviously better than any foreigner.

(Sorry, one day I'll let this go ...)

No you won't Brovian ................... funnily enough from that list - excluding Robinson. If you offered that group to most managers of European teams I'd think they's take them. They may have better players in individual positions - but as a group - it would be hard to turn down.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
If all were fit;

Robinson
Foster
Carson

G.Neville
Richards
Terry
Ferdinand
King
Woodgate
Dawson
Cole
Shorey/Bridge

Beckham
Lennon
SWP
Gerrard
Carrick
Lampard
Hargreaves
Barry
Downing
Dyer

Crouch
Owen
Bent
Ashton
Johnson

That looks a lot better. Just a bit weak on the left and up front but not to bad.

Rooney???

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's a joke.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
How very droll Lokki.

I just feel a big cull is needed. I would get rid of anyone over 30, apart from G.Neville, and look to bring in a new era. I would then start playing younger players and giving U21 prospects places in the squad. All of this would be working towards 2010 and 2012. I would write off the Euros in 08 (of course if we get there that's a bonus) and just concentrate on building a side that are comfortable with each other and that means picking young players who will be blossoming in about 3-5 years team, not just as individuals but as a team.

I see your point, but look at the Beckham situation. After a few dodgey results the press was on Mclarens back and we ended up getting Beckham back, do we really want to read all that crap again in 2 months time?

Also having paid for tickets for the next 2 qualifiers i would be pretty pissed off if we just put a load of youngsters in and wrote of euro2008

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I see your point, but look at the Beckham situation. After a few dodgey results the press was on Mclarens back and we ended up getting Beckham back, do we really want to read all that crap again in 2 months time?

Also having paid for tickets for the next 2 qualifiers i would be pretty pissed off if we just put a load of youngsters in and wrote of euro2008

Then we need to change our attitude at grass roots or things will never change.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Then we need to change our attitude at grass roots or things will never change.

In scotland there is a rule where there has to be 3 u21 players in a squard. I think they should look into bringing something like that into the league cup as most of the top teams field weakened teams anyway. Maybe something like only allowed 6 oversea's players in the 16?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
In scotland there is a rule where there has to be 3 u21 players in a squard. I think they should look into bringing something like that into the league cup as most of the top teams field weakened teams anyway. Maybe something like only allowed 6 oversea's players in the 16?

I think there is definately a need to give more youngsters and lower league players a chance. Also think we need better academies and training for youngsters should focus more on tecnique and tactics rather than strength and winning.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I do not know and understand why, Mclown preceeds with Wes Brown. He is truely dreadful at International level, and always will be. Our strikeforce is incredibly weak on paper. Michael Owen hasn't had a full 90 minutes in an competitive game yet.

MCLOWN OUT!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here