Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Squad

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
So you would have strikers that cannot score goals playing rather than one with a proven record, who has come back into the side and continued scoring.

Interesting approach.

Bent and Johnson can't score goals? I think they may disagree with you.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
glad Gareth Barrys in, but would like to see Lescott in for Brown.

Dyer is a lazy shite, rather see someone like Huddlestone come up from the U21s instead of him

would have picked Nugent instead of Defoe or Smith

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Bent and Johnson can't score goals? I think they may disagree with you.

Well at international level they have a strike record of 0 goals between them and they have played games whilst Owen was out.

They are at present not good enough for this level, but get in there as there are few alternatives. Owen is the best goal scorer England currently have.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Well at international level they have a strike record of 0 goals between them and they have played games whilst Owen was out.

They are at present not good enough for this level, but get in there as there are few alternatives. Owen is the best goal scorer England currently have.

After a few beers in London before the game I expect it wont really matter who is playing as long as we beat the Germans!

The squad does include too many players with injuries/short of match fitness for me, but not sure who else I would pick.

I agree that Lescott from Everton deserves a chance.

If you go on Premiership form then James is the pick of the keepers, but as we know Robinson is number one choice its not much of an issue.

It really shows the lack of good English players in the Premiership at the moment. Most squads have such a limited (and ever decreasing) number of English players.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

Bent - 2 Caps
Johnson - 7 caps, half of which have been on the right wing.

This has clearly proved they are not good enough.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I'm actually not completely against Owen being in the squad, just wouldn't have him in there at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here