Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England squad for Nations League

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Bit OT but the French squad is revealed on the 27th.. would be pretty cool to have a striker that plays for the reigning world champions!

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Bit OT but the French squad is revealed on the 27th.. would be pretty cool to have a striker that plays for the reigning world champions!

Pretty formidable pecking order to climb up though

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
If Tyrone Mings, James Tarkowski, Michael Keane or Jamal Lascelles get in instead of Dunk it will just prove Southgate doesn't like us.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Maybe. Mbappe & Coman will likely be resting, maybe Griezmann as well. Benzema still banned. Deschamps not a fan of Martial. Certainly not impossible he will be in the squad

I don't remember, did Giroud retire? Would guess Maupay is still behind Ousaman Dembele as well.

Anyway, very much hoping you're right

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I don't remember, did Giroud retire? Would guess Maupay is still behind Ousaman Dembele as well.

Anyway, very much hoping you're right

Nah Giroud is their no 1 choice. Dembele is still injured.

Other strikers selected in their last few squads: Wissam Ben Yedder, Jonathan Ikone, Alassane Plea. Guess Lacazette could be considered again because of his rise in form but other than that the competition doesnt look obscene. I think at least one of Maupay and Edouard will be in the squad and I would defo go with Maupay. Plenty around here still dont value him enough because Murray seems to have mind****ed what could be considered realistic expectations on strikers and their number of goals in a bottom five PL team.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
———————D Henderson——————-
Alex-Arnie—Gomez——Dunk——Chilwell
—————Rice————J Henderson——-
—-Sancho——*Greenwood——Sterling—-
————————Kane—————————

* Or Foden/Mount/Grealish/Maddison

Great team to be fair

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I have a hunch Ben White will be called up

It would be a quite ridiculous decision.

Are there u21 games, if so is he too old?. Might just read through 70 gazillion posts on the main thread to see if anyone knows

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeh, I think a few PL appearances would be a good start. Even some appearances at England youth level
Isn't he too old for the youth teams? Wonder how much not having come through the youth ranks will put Southgate off eventually picking him - it certainly seems to have prejudiced him against Dunk. IMHO, of course; different opinions are available!

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
It would be a quite ridiculous decision.

Are there u21 games, if so is he too old?. Might just read through 70 gazillion posts on the main thread to see if anyone knows

He's too old.
I think he has a real chance. It's going to be a larger squad than usual. Clearly Southgate responds to two things beyond anything else- youth and hype. The coaching team will have definitely been looking at him with an eye on the Euros.
First game is Iceland, so it's a chance to take a risk.
The other thing is that the obvious choice IS Dunk but Southgate doesn't seem to fancy him and doesn't like picking 'older' players.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
He's too old.
I think he has a real chance. It's going to be a larger squad than usual. Clearly Southgate responds to two things beyond anything else- youth and hype. The coaching team will have definitely been looking at him with an eye on the Euros.
First game is Iceland, so it's a chance to take a risk.
The other thing is that the obvious choice IS Dunk but Southgate doesn't seem to fancy him and doesn't like picking 'older' players.

A sensible man would look at what happened to the last England manager who underestimated Iceland and pick his best players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here