Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] England squad for Nations League

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Southgate is a clown and exactly the sort of dull yes man the FA wanted at the helm. A failed club manager who somehow secured the national team job shows how far international football has fallen down the football agenda.

Just another comfy appointment who never rocks the boat and picks the same old failures time and time again.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Southgit thinks this is his number one priority he should get a job as a manager at Sainsbury, where he can run around checking things haven't passed their sell by date.

Like that jar of Pickford, box of Keane and can of Dier in Aisle 7...

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I wonder if England’s refusal to call up Brighton players is due to us taking Ashworth from them.

That is something I postulated yesterday, because it is getting more and more bizarre.

Dunk.. ok, I can’t see any world where he’s worse then Mings, Keane and Dier, but maybe that’s personal choice.

Phillips but no Ben White?

And today this one rocks me most of all, no Lamptey in u21s?

Did Ashworth shag Southgate’s missus?

Obviously that’s a joke, but did they have a falling out?Argus journos, please credit NSC if you run this story.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Did Ashworth shag Southgate’s missus?

Obviously that’s a joke, but did they have a falling out?Argus journos, please credit NSC if you run this story.

Did you listen to the Albion Roar on Saturday, the club (Camillin) credited your (NSC) observation on the club shop as the source for the whole Dunk to Chelsea saga. An amusing listen!

“What seeds we sow..........”

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Interested to see how Phillips gets on. Leeds swear he was their best player last season, and I watched a fair bit of them because of White. He is very competitive but just doesn't stay on his feet- he's a proper old school destructive midfielder. He'll either be great or sent off every other game IMHO.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Did you listen to the Albion Roar on Saturday, the club (Camillin) credited your (NSC) observation on the club shop as the source for the whole Dunk to Chelsea saga. An amusing listen!

“What seeds we sow..........”

Tbf the guy who created the Dunk to Chelsea thread started it really with the rumour. But my observation about Dunky not being in the club shop was definitely picked up by others. Notably by the Argus!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Southgate is a clown and exactly the sort of dull yes man the FA wanted at the helm. A failed club manager who somehow secured the national team job shows how far international football has fallen down the football agenda.

Just another comfy appointment who never rocks the boat and picks the same old failures time and time again.

this in buckets.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
That's it! If waistcoat calls on sockboy, I'm out. Next thing will be a pairing of stones and minge.
I'm deeply disappointed with this

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Dier in central defence, Trippier at left back. Are there really no left backs beyond Chilwell and Shaw? Who plays for the U-21s? Surely he'd be better than playing a right back. It's only the nations league.

Good to see Foden starting, hope he has a good game.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Dier starts as a CB tonight.

So I guess he’s a better central defender then Dunk according to Southgate.

And Trippier at left back :facepalm:

Possibly the worst back 4 I've seen England pick since.....well........a while at least.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Dier starts as a CB tonight.

So I guess he’s a better central defender then Dunk according to Southgate.

And there is no stat, metric, form chart or independent analyst who could justify Pickford starting ahead of Pope.

But Southgate has his pet favourites

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here