Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England game behind closed doors?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I know people with tickets... you'd be pretty pissed off, wouldn't you!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Being reported that, because of the planned tube strike, they MAY play the game tomorrow behind closed doors

:eek::eek:

Pah! Like the FA would do that! They were moaning like little bitches last week about the lost revenue they would encounter because of the 20k unsold seats. Tube strike was a convenient excuse IMO. Really can't see the FA forking out to refund the other 70k as well as paying for all the other costs involved.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Pah! Like the FA would do that! They were moaning like little bitches last week about the lost revenue they would encounter because of the 20k unsold seats. Tube strike was a convenient excuse IMO. Really can't see the FA forking out to refund the other 70k as well as paying for all the other costs involved.

Imagine it may not be their choice - it could be a health and safety thing or on advisement of the police. Either way if this happens, it would give out very poor signals for us holding the Olympics.

wizo7

Man Met Massive
Dec 17, 2008
Bolney
no chance of this happening! The FA would never miss out on a chance to rip off England fans! And where would all the corporate's go to eat their prawn sandwiches!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have always used an overland train to get to Wembley rather than the tube and there are buses and some people will come by car/coach so what is the problem. It just means people will have to leave earlier to get to the game and then take longer to get home but the game can still go ahead without the tubes.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I have always used an overland train to get to Wembley rather than the tube and there are buses and some people will come by car/coach so what is the problem. It just means people will have to leave earlier to get to the game and then take longer to get home but the game can still go ahead without the tubes.

So you're a greater expert on crowd control than the Met Police?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
If it is played and there is a tube strike, then it will be carnage. The overland trains are small and run less frequently. The traffic caused by an army of extra buses will be huge, and the worst bit about it is, it is 20.15 kick off, meaning it will be a night mare getting home

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I dunno how many tickets they've sold for tomorrow, but if its 70k + and there is no tube service, then it is going to be absolute carnage getting to and from Wembley. I can't see how the overland service will be able to cope.

I was pondering going to this game a few weeks back, but didn't get my arse into gear. Mightily glad I didn't now.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was pondering going to this game a few weeks back, but didn't get my arse into gear. Mightily glad I didn't now.

Same here, I even considered it on Monday evening when I got a message from the FA saying there were loads of tickets left still. Instead I am having some mates around with loads of cider, lager and domino's pizza :)

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Surely it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for the FA to lay on a couple of dozen free coaches from each the main London stations. Be far cheaper than having to give out refunds.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Same here, I even considered it on Monday evening when I got a message from the FA saying there were loads of tickets left still. Instead I am having some mates around with loads of cider, lager and domino's pizza :)

I shall be on a barstool in my local. The only genuine inconvenience I can envisage for myself is if they run out of pork scratchings.

:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely it wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility for the FA to lay on a couple of dozen free coaches from each the main London stations. Be far cheaper than having to give out refunds.

Short notice. Vast expense. Huge numbers of fans. Traffic gridlock.
Sounds a breeze.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
a couple of DOZEN??!? How do some people on this forum actually manage to stay alive, like feed themselves and cross the road?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here