Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Campbell

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Who would be your choice as England captain, does Beck's still do it for you or with the likes of SWP will he continue to feature enough? Does Beck's motivate enough?

Make your vote count..

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
Gary Neville when fit....

our most consistent player and think he would lead by example....

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Sol for me, don't deny that Becks is a good captain but think that he may be freer to show all of his game without the additional responsibility that comes with captaincy (don't think that he is the Real captain). I am happier with the captain coming from either the centre of midfield or defence, think that it is where he can use his influence with the greatest effect, probably not ideal when playing wide out on the wing.

I have always admired Campbell as a player and think that the captains role is one that he assumes with ease, if I were picking the team his name would be the first on the teamsheet.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Simster said:
Gary Neville. Consistent performer in an England shirt, calm, and understated

I agree with that, not too sure about him being captain but very solid.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Campell or Terry - they are passionate and vocal and I like captains to be central defenders.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Beckham then JT

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not sure Campbell is all that vocal.
The trouble with taking the captaincy off Beckham is that it makes it into a "big issue". He's had that armband for many years, and its something he is clearly immensely proud of. I don't think he would relinquish it willingly, and he IS still a hugley important player for England. I think he's a pretty good captain, generally leads by example and there's no doubting his drive and passion. I don't think he's the IDEAL captain, but it'd make too many waves to take it off him now.

If not Beckham, I'd go for John Terry. A strong character, natural leader, and as others have said, I like having a central defender as a captain as they're always involved and in a position to influence.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Leekbrookgull said:
Well only one man for me,John Terry:clap2:

but i could lead that chelsea team! it dosent prove anything!!

''claude, just make sure it dosent reach the defence''

''arjen run and score''

thats about all he has to say!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Terry for me as well, and I think it should continue after tonight as well, he may JUST be the difference between England playing somewhere near their full potential !!

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
Terry from Beckham quiet comfortably so far! Suprised no-one has oped for owen :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here