Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England Away Fans

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
Me and a mate are flying out on the Tuesday evening. We signed up for the tickets in good time and had no problems getting them.

The point about EF+ members is that you have to provide proof of travel to receive your caps for the game. If you dont provide the info then your caps balance is cleared to zero and you have to start collecting them again. Therefore, if you were to buy a ticket for the game and then sell it on you would lose all your caps. I hope that makes sense?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
The point about EF+ members is that you have to provide proof of travel to receive your caps for the game. If you dont provide the info then your caps balance is cleared to zero and you have to start collecting them again. Therefore, if you were to buy a ticket for the game and then sell it on you would lose all your caps. I hope that makes sense?

Yes, we had this trouble when we went to France away in paris last year, we ended up having to send photos of us in the ground and credit card bills for the ferry and hotel

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Me and a mate are flying out on the Tuesday evening. We signed up for the tickets in good time and had no problems getting them.

Presumably they take into account the millions of possible circumstances whereby people may have bought tickets and can't go?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
alot of people with bobble-hat tendancies on the board.

= People who are into FOOTBALL, yes?

And none of the childish nonsense that sometimes happens around football matches, that has nothing to do with football or the clubs?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Presumably they take into account the millions of possible circumstances whereby people may have bought tickets and can't go?

You'd normally get '1' chance if you had a really valid circumstance but officially, no.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes, we had this trouble when we went to France away in paris last year, we ended up having to send photos of us in the ground and credit card bills for the ferry and hotel

I normally sign in.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Not really trouble though is it.

Like I said in my last post assuming you went it's surely can't be that hard to prove you were somewhere.

I was asked to prove I had traveled to a game and was told they excepted the following bits:

- Original boarding pass (We do not accept e-mail flight confirmation or handwritten names)

- Original hotel receipt (We do not accept e-mail confirmation)

- Original credit/debit card statement showing transaction location

- Original mobile phone statement showing phone call location

- Photograph identifying yourself at the match

Yes it's a bit of pain but to be honest I'd rather it was like that than people buying the tickets and not bothering to go just to get their cap count up.

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
Not really trouble though is it.

Like I said in my last post assuming you went it's surely can't be that hard to prove you were somewhere.

I was asked to prove I had traveled to a game and was told they excepted the following bits:

- Original boarding pass (We do not accept e-mail flight confirmation or handwritten names)

- Original hotel receipt (We do not accept e-mail confirmation)

- Original credit/debit card statement showing transaction location

- Original mobile phone statement showing phone call location

- Photograph identifying yourself at the match

Yes it's a bit of pain but to be honest I'd rather it was like that than people buying the tickets and not bothering to go just to get their cap count up.

I think they have tightened the procedure up now with the World Cup looming. I know of touts who have used the world and his wifes details to sign up for EF so they can get tickets for the home games. The proof of travel stops them buying a cheap flight with no intention of ever going to the game.

Also, if you buy a ticket and then cant travel, you have to let the FA know otherwise you run the risk of losing your caps.

As someone said earlier, it is far easier to just go and sign in on the day of the game.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I think they have tightened the procedure up now with the World Cup looming. I know of touts who have used the world and his wifes details to sign up for EF so they can get tickets for the home games. The proof of travel stops them buying a cheap flight with no intention of ever going to the game.

Also, if you buy a ticket and then cant travel, you have to let the FA know otherwise you run the risk of losing your caps.

As someone said earlier, it is far easier to just go and sign in on the day of the game.

Agreed, but to be honest, can't see getting tickets for the world cup to be an issue.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Should be fun and games over there.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
fake burberry, Aquascutum shirts, 10 german bombers, plastic chair throwers should give you a good idea

f***ing hell imagine an England match with a few herberts. What is the world coming to.

Lets hope the power of facepaint and Sky can make it a great day for everyone to be proud of, all handshakes in Dam Square, gawping and giggling at the brasses without having the balls to go in and do one, and pretending to be like the Danes or Jocks all mates together in Soccer, before we get back to the IT department to tell them all about it.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
f***ing hell imagine an England match with a few herberts. What is the world coming to.

Lets hope the power of facepaint and Sky can make it a great day for everyone to be proud of, all handshakes in Dam Square, gawping and giggling at the brasses without having the balls to go in and do one, and pretending to be like the Danes or Jocks all mates together in Soccer, before we get back to the IT department to tell them all about it.

Yep, cos the alternative to that is obviously kicking off with the local police.

Glad some England fans are proud of what makes you an embarassment to the rest of Europe. I will be at a WCQ on Saturday, intend to be absolutely battered, yet will behave myself...

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
The Police will end up starting most of the trouble, as per usual..

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

You're pathetic. Having the balls to go in and do one?!:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here