Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England are the most BORING cricket team on the planet

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'm so tired of this tedious nonsense - it is so BORING. We won the Ashes in 2005 by playing aggressive, attacking, positive cricket. In the 3 years since, all we've done is play with fear and negativity. This policy is not working Peter Moores - change it or f*** off! Could you imagine the Aussies playing the same way against New Zealand? I can't watch any more of this.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I'm more interested in the West Indies v Australia match, it is an absolute cracker, finely balanced after what the Windies did late last night, amazing!!!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I'm more interested in the West Indies v Australia match, it is an absolute cracker, finely balanced after what the Windies did late last night, amazing!!!

Yeah, I'd rather watch West Indies - at least they play with a bit of attacking intent. If I wanted to watch Edrich, Boycott and Tavare batting, I'd watch ESPN.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Its brilliant stuff, Boycott & Travare, 2.5 runs an over, Hmmm makes me wanna have a slice of cake, a snooze and then gently applaud a maiden over.

20 20 will kill the once beautiful (bloody slow) game of cricket.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
I appreciate it's been a very boring but what do you expect from a three test series, just one loss & you're f***ed! I don't see the point myself but I'd rather them get some batting practise and play out a boring draw so we can then go on to stuff the South African's!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
To be fair, NZ's bowling has been world class, it's been dissapointing from an England perspective but the bowlers must take credit.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Sometimes I just don't understand the mentality of our team. We can go from a very attacking, fiery at times, bowling display to an utterly woeful batting display in the same match.

I am going to be unpopular for this probably but I think the time has come for a new captain and a change of direction in the lead up to next summer. Thanks Vaughny, you have a done a great job but I think it is time for someone else to have a go, our tactics have become stale and predictable.

If we go out and play like this next summer then we will be whitewashed again, there is no doubt of that.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Sometimes I just don't understand the mentality of our team. We can go from a very attacking, fiery at times, bowling display to an utterly woeful batting display in the same match.

I am going to be unpopular for this probably but I think the time has come for a new captain and a change of direction in the lead up to next summer. Thanks Vaughny, you have a done a great job but I think it is time for someone else to have a go, our tactics have become stale and predictable.

I agree and said so last year. I also think that Pieterson needs to be dropped for a time to sort himself out. Good knock by Broad though.

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
I appreciate it's been a very boring but what do you expect from a three test series, just one loss & you're f***ed! I don't see the point myself but I'd rather them get some batting practise and play out a boring draw so we can then go on to stuff the South African's!

If we can't beat New Zealand we don't have a hope in hell of getting anything out of the South Africa series.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Pathetic isn't it. The mentality that our batsmen showed yesterday will never get you anywhere, in not playing shots you just let the bowlers dictate the play. They are shit scared of Vettori for some reason, Broad proved that you can make runs from him, why can't a top order batsman do that.
I think the key word in the original post is FEAR.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
England have the most brittle tail in world cricket at the moment. Ambrose will never be a test match number 7. Broad batted well today but in truth he is probably a test match No. 9 rather than a No. 8. Sidebottom is a blocker but no more than that, and Anderson and Panesar might just as well stay in the pavillion!

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
England have the most brittle tail in world cricket at the moment. Ambrose will never be a test match number 7. Broad batted well today but in truth he is probably a test match No. 9 rather than a No. 8. Sidebottom is a blocker but no more than that, and Anderson and Panesar might just as well stay in the pavillion!

Agree with you about the other three, but I think you're a little harsh on Broad. I think he looks a class act with the bat, and technically he looks more like a top 6 batsman than a tail-ender. He is infinitely more naturally gifted as a batsman than Giles was, and he proved to be a very useful number 8 for England.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here