Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

England 2018 WC presentation...

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Russia has the pro of being a first time host and an emerging market but the sheer size of the country, the time zones to be crossed and the lack of infrastructure right now may count against it. The fact that Putin isn't turning up suggests that they know the numbers don't add up for them. I think it's between us and Spain/Portugal. The head says Spain/Portugal just because of the hornets' nest we've stirred up in the media.

Mind you, my head said France for 2012 too...

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Likewise. That's the only time I've supported Cameron. He spoke well to be fair, I suppose a background in PR does that to you.

Show me any front bench MP who can't speak well publicly! Politics is more about looks than anything else nowadays. So Americanised. Look at that f***ing stupid TV debate. People who LISTENED to it thought Brown nailed it and Cameron came of worse. Those who WATCHED it thought the opposite.

Anyway back to football.

When's the announcment made?

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don't see why, you can mention it without crowing about it.

They've got all stroppy in the past about it though I believe and we've given ourselves the crown of 'We deserve to be the best because we came up with the bleeding thing.'

In theory though I totally agree with you, but whatever keeps the crooks happy.

Mendoza that is a superb video. Shivers.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Very weird. I kind of wanted the World Cup but was fairly aloof about it until last night. Now I'm glued to the news for every last clue and gagging for it.
I know exactly what you mean. I was pretty indifferent, even slightly opposed, but I really want it now. Fickle me? Easily swayed? Naah.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Russia was very tacky and cheap

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
RUSSIA NEVER SCHLIIPS

marvellous

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Also a very poor joke about English and Jack Warner - pathetic

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Situations like this require us to move away from party politics. This isn't right v left it's Us against the world.

Cameron has done a great job on this and he could have sat by and not committed himself but he didn't. He took the decision to put his neck out and stand up for this bid. He's taken a risk just as Blair did in 2005.

Nobody should begrudge either man's efforts for the relative campaigns.

Sep 1, 2010
The fact of the matter is, Cameron is Prime Minister, whether you agree with his politics or not, so he done the right thing and went out of his way to support the bid.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
What we don't know of course, assuming it is level playing field, is what the priorities are for the FIFA officials. If they want to expand the game into areas and build new infrastructure, then Russia could fit the bill. If they want a guaranteed devlivery, then us or Spain/Portugal have most of it already. If they want people to travel by bicycle and smoke Jamaican woodbines, then give it to the Dutch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here