Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Engerland v Switzerland *** 2012 euro qualifier 04-06-11 itv 16.45

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
On the plus side it looks as though Ashley Young and Wilshere are now locked in starters, while Bent has been found out without the failure being terminal for England. Personally, I liked Baines' contribution and if we had centre backs with more pace I'd drop Cashley.

In terms of 4-5-1, negative on the face of it but there's a distinct lack of strikers. Where the f*** was Lampard in the first half? All this talk of him and Gerrard can't play together, yet when Gerrard's not in the team Lampard's never in the danger areas.

I thought Scott Parker was disappointing but will cut him slack because he carried West Ham this season and if anyone's entitled to be knackered it's him.

On the 4-5-1, I don't see it as an inherently negative formation, however Capello got it wrong, again. If you are going to play one up front you need someone who can hold the ball up and feed the midfield and wingers. With Bent up front, when a midfielder picks up the ball you have all three forward players trying to get in behind, or at least moving away from the ball.

On this game, I turned it off after about twenty minutes after a particularly embarrassing period of play. Switzerland had knocked it long in to the channels, Cole shielded the ball to the byline, then the winger bundled him over giving a free kick away. England then preceeded to do exactly the same thing from the free kick. It was beyond idiotic, and frankly ridiculous. I just wish I would stop even giving this team a chance, after the Algeria game in the World Cup (the worst England performance in living memory imo) I said I would never watch this rubbish again. Unfortunately, when it comes to the next competitive game I normally tune in only to realise that they cannot even manage a level of technical competence that the Albion exhibit week in week out with vastly inferior players. Yesterday was the final straw, no more England matches for me, every international period I will be watching one of the proper football nations instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here