Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Engerland v Switzerland *** 2012 euro qualifier 04-06-11 itv 16.45

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We have no person UK born even competent enough to manage the national team as the FA have for years clung onto the belief that inventing football and winning one World Cup in '66 is enough to be getting on with, we are light years behind many of our European colleagues in terms of understanding fitness levels, diet and passing football.

Interestingly in all the Blatter bashing FIFA considers the English FA arrogant and to be fair it is a very true statement.

I should not moan I was 3 when we won the world cup (not that I ever knew) however a generation of fans will never see us ever win a World Cup, the best recent manager we ever had was Bobby Robson.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
The failure seems very obvious to me.. we were at HOME, and played with ONE striker... we were more scared of the Swiss than they were of us.. it's just not on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
As I said it was s..t or bust we were not going to score by conventional means and playing football notice I ommitted to say good football. Bent wasnt working and he wasnt knocking balls down for Young and other players coming through.

I prefer the other method England adopt when plan A working ie "put them under pressure" which means doing exactly the same as before....just faster and slightly more chaotic.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Craig Davies eat your heart out...... Darren Bent is the New Barndoor

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
A typical England June performance.

HoveHorace

Premiership please !
Jan 20, 2011
Hove
Don't have the players / manager / intelligence to do anything - bring back 1966 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

I agree. They are talentless fools. But who would replace them? Can you name 11 other Englishmen let alone a squad?

Billy Mays

Aug 14, 2008
Fruit Cove
Got out of jail though with Montenegro drawing with Bulgaria. Still on course for the finals where of course we will get found out and fail to get out of the group.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It's got to the point where I WANTED Switzerland to score a winner at the end, just to have a good wry laugh

D

Deleted member 18477

not gunna lie a team of... robinson, richards, shawcross, ferdinand, cole, delap, parker, wilshere, etherington, davies, carroll (subs: pennant, barton + whoever) has more chance of winning than the shower of shit capello played today. if were going to play shit football we might as well do it the Stoke way and try and win at least!

milner? terry? lampard? walcott? REALLY? milner cant get in his club team, terry and lampard are awful, walcott cant deliver an end product EVER! what on earth does he see in them that i cant? and as for gareth barry who he usually picks... give me strength!

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
As of 18 May England were 6th in the FIFA rankings and when we inevitably get knocked out in the Finals no doubt our FIFA ranking will improve! Tells you all you really need to know about FIFA. What a load of bollocks.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
On the plus side it looks as though Ashley Young and Wilshere are now locked in starters, while Bent has been found out without the failure being terminal for England. Personally, I liked Baines' contribution and if we had centre backs with more pace I'd drop Cashley.

In terms of 4-5-1, negative on the face of it but there's a distinct lack of strikers. Where the f*** was Lampard in the first half? All this talk of him and Gerrard can't play together, yet when Gerrard's not in the team Lampard's never in the danger areas.

I thought Scott Parker was disappointing but will cut him slack because he carried West Ham this season and if anyone's entitled to be knackered it's him.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
On the plus side it looks as though Ashley Young and Wilshere are now locked in starters, while Bent has been found out without the failure being terminal for England. Personally, I liked Baines' contribution and if we had centre backs with more pace I'd drop Cashley.

In terms of 4-5-1, negative on the face of it but there's a distinct lack of strikers. Where the f*** was Lampard in the first half? All this talk of him and Gerrard can't play together, yet when Gerrard's not in the team Lampard's never in the danger areas.

I thought Scott Parker was disappointing but will cut him slack because he carried West Ham this season and if anyone's entitled to be knackered it's him.

But Wilshire was poor, He should have gone with the Under 21, if only to get tournement experience, you dont see the Germans pull out because they are tired, Ozil played a whole season went to the u21's played another season and was one of the stars at the world cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here