Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Enfield riots

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Probably something to do with people having no confidence in the government or the police and no connection to those that make the policy that effects their lives or those who are sent to enforce that policy. Maybe to do with people see a genuinely bleak future while those entrusted to represent them live the highlife and play fast and loose with their families, communities and livelihoods. Might be somehting to do with frustration at being powerless to change their lives and the situation that they find themselves in which cycles endless from generation to generation.

Possibly. Or maybe it's just a bunch of criminal twats who've seen the opportunity to nick as much as possible. Visit Soweto and see what a shit life's really like - and the majority of the people there would share their last mouthful of food with you. There is no excuse. They're pathetic morons.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have little doubt that many locals have genuine grievances but as others have said they have now been lost in the confusion brought on by mindless violence, vandalism and looting. It tends to water down sympathy.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
LOVE the footage of that police dog sinking his teeth into that criminal's leg. I really hope they make an example of these hooligans like they did with the Bradford riots by serving them with extremely long sentences.

Possibly. Or maybe it's just a bunch of criminal twats who've seen the opportunity to nick as much as possible. Visit Soweto and see what a shit life's really like - and the majority of the people there would share their last mouthful of food with you. There is no excuse. They're pathetic morons.

Agreed, this is the crux of the matter - not some political or thought-driven prostest, just a chance they've seen to go on the nick while creating anarchy and vandalising.
I saw this kind of thing from 'types' when at a massed sport celebration in the US - they pushed a car with a family in it through a window so they could just loot the shop.

As someone else has said, it's giving EDL sorts the most encouragement and reason for being.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
As someone else has said, it's giving EDL sorts the most encouragement and reason for being.

Perhaps rightly? I mean, if anything is going to "prove" their point it is this very situation..

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Perhaps rightly? I mean, if anything is going to "prove" their point it is this very situation..

The problem is that the majority of the EDL are little, if any better than the people who started this riot. Legal protests being hijacked by Rentamob and opportunist criminals are a threat to democracy as are the EDL.

The problem is that the majority of the EDL are little, if any better than the people who started this riot. Legal protests being hijacked by Rentamob and opportunist criminals are a threat to democracy as are the EDL.

One lot are looking for an excuse to loot and create mayhem, the other are looking for an excuse for violence and racism.
Both are wrong, while good people will suffer from it.

I can imagine a family from India might have a business looted, then get racists targeting them :nono:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
One lot are looking for an excuse to loot and create mayhem, the other are looking for an excuse for violence and racism.
Both are wrong, while good people will suffer from it.

I can imagine a family from India might have a business looted, then get racists targeting them :nono:

Precisely.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sorry but the authorities have missed an opportunity to put down a marker, for the silent majority sick of the underclass in this country.

Never mind the Police, they should have got the army out on the streets in Tottenham on Saturday night, along with some plastic bullets and water cannon.

Honest hardworking people do not behave like this, if they, black or white, want to conduct themselves like the scum they are then we should treat them accordingly.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Sorry but the authorities have missed an opportunity to put down a marker, for the silent majority sick of the underclass in this country.

Never mind the Police, they should have got the army out on the streets in Tottenham on Saturday night, along with some plastic bullets and water cannon.

Honest hardworking people do not behave like this, if they, black or white, want to conduct themselves like the scum they are then we should treat them accordingly.

100% this. If they want to play hardman then let them do it while being pelted with rubber bullets and shred loads of water. It's almost to the point of needing marshal law.

Sent by... not telling

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007

All good theoretically, but when you start bringing plastic bullets into play, the sound of a gun shot could spark absolute mayhem. A worrying amount of these tools are probably armed themselves, and I suppose many of which carry firearms. It's a tough one to deal with, if plastic bullets spark just one or two of these "protesters" into using firearms, then the story gets a great deal worse.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
All good theoretically, but when you start bringing plastic bullets into play, the sound of a gun shot could spark absolute mayhem. A worrying amount of these tools are probably armed themselves, and I suppose many of which carry firearms. It's a tough one to deal with, if plastic bullets spark just one or two of these "protesters" into using firearms, then the story gets a great deal worse.

How much worse can it get, we've had virtual anarchy over the weekend, maybe if you shot a couple of the fuckers at the front it might make the remainder use their limited brain capacity and start behaving like human beings rather than animals.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
How much worse can it get, we've had virtual anarchy over the weekend, maybe if you shot a couple of the fuckers at the front it might make the remainder use their limited brain capacity and start behaving like human beings rather than animals.

Correct, it'd probably get rid of the VAST majority. I just think there'd be the odd few who perhaps head these gangs, and have been a part of gun crime in the past to bring firearms into play, which is the last thing i'd want given the amounts of police involved.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Probably something to do with people having no confidence in the government or the police and no connection to those that make the policy that effects their lives or those who are sent to enforce that policy. Maybe to do with people see a genuinely bleak future while those entrusted to represent them live the highlife and play fast and loose with their families, communities and livelihoods. Might be somehting to do with frustration at being powerless to change their lives and the situation that they find themselves in which cycles endless from generation to generation.

That's living in a democracy for you, maybe we would be better living in China or North Korea where those who don't agree just disappear.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

I was watching something about Bangkok last night about the riots there, the army were using the tear gas/plastic bullet option, the rioters had real bullets and started firing them and a couple of granades, so the army went to live rounds. Who lost, the innocent people who got in the way.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Correct, it'd probably get rid of the VAST majority. I just think there'd be the odd few who perhaps head these gangs, and have been a part of gun crime in the past to bring firearms into play, which is the last thing i'd want given the amounts of police involved.

I'm sure the Police, having had one of their number had his head hacked off by a mob 25 years ago, don't want things to escalate but sometimes direct action is the only answer. If the authorities aren't seen to be strong will we end up with riots all over the country as in 1981?

How long before a baying mob smash up a high street near us?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
That's living in a democracy for you, maybe we would be better living in China or North Korea where those who don't agree just disappear.

In a Hail of Rubber bullets and water cannons. Maybe some on this forum would like to be living in China or North Korea they sure know how to deal with a frustrated angry mob.

I makes me sad that people believe that people are predisposed to behave like this.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I'm sure the Police, having had one of their number had his head hacked off by a mob 25 years ago, don't want things to escalate but sometimes direct action is the only answer. If the authorities aren't seen to be strong will we end up with riots all over the country as in 1981?

How long before a baying mob smash up a high street near us?

Are their similarities in the UK and the way people feel between now and the early 80's?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Are their similarities in the UK and the way people feel between now and the early 80's?

Quite obviously there are, hence what started off as a peaceful process degenerated into rioting, arson and larceny. Just like Brixton, Toxteth, Broadwater Farm and so on.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010

Having been a 17 year old in August 1981 and now a 47 year old parent 30 years later, I'd say its worse. If we don't get on top of the situation early we could end in serious trouble, and is Call Me Dave really the man to stand up to these people?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here