Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of the road for the seagull love review?

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
Looking at it totally objective, it is absolute quality. Can't think of many better fanzines in the country at the moment, and I'm saying that as a proper fanzine nerd. We should be glad that the two lovely chaps doing it - neither of whom could really be described as fanzine nerds - are willing to put so much time into it. Unless you think the programme is worth three times more money.

actually you're right, it's a quid, there shouldn't be anything to complain about, i guess they just set high expectations last season, and this season doesn't quite compare when they are filling pages with music nonsense.

there blog is quite good though.

Oh well, i'm in the minority. :hammer:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's a good read, I hope it lives long

agreed , judging the fanzine solely by the fanzine here , it is a very enjoyable read , funny , thought provoking and generally enjoyable - another " carry on the good work " post from me TSLR lads :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I didn't think much of this fanzine however I will give it another chance.

BTW I was right by that "fracas" at Huddersfield last season and some fans had a complete over reaction with this chanting. Personally it is crap and childish but best ignored then normally stops.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I didn't think much of this fanzine however I will give it another chance.

BTW I was right by that "fracas" at Huddersfield last season and some fans had a complete over reaction with this chanting. Personally it is crap and childish but best ignored then normally stops.

Which the majority of fans had done. Until the TSLR team felt they had a right to police Brighton fans. I read it once but I was not impressed. Did they not say on here they wanted to link up with lefties at other clubs?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oh right. So its best we all shut up and just inwardly CRINGE while the "no surrender" mugs big themselves up eh.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
This thread is the best advert TSLR could have. The more I read the opposition, The more I want to buy the mag.

Cullip4

Oct 4, 2003
Brighton
Only ever read it once, seemed ok though although its still not a patch on Gulls Eye I still wear my Safe as Houses the Goalkeeper in trousers T-shirt :clap2:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Personally I thought Cum All Over The Dyke was very good

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I'd buy it if I saw the sellers selling it, but as there are none around at the north stand entrance I never end up buying it.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I bought one at Crewe Away last season, it was OK, nothing specials. But for the sake of a nicker, it's hardly worth complaining about, is it?

Anyone know (roughly) how many copys sell at each game? Or a Month?

1 night only

Apr 29, 2009
Oh right. So its best we all shut up and just inwardly CRINGE while the "no surrender" mugs big themselves up eh.

No Surrender "mugs" who were opposed to a group of people who wanted to kill British people! You sound like the mug to me.

The troubles may be over 10 years and NI has mostly moved on thankfully, but the memory has not yet faded and songs will still be sung on both sides.

NO Surrender

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No Surrender "mugs" who were opposed to a group of people who wanted to kill British people! You sound like the mug to me.

The troubles may be over 10 years and NI has mostly moved on thankfully, but the memory has not yet faded and songs will still be sung on both sides.

NO Surrender

....and mainly by people who have zero connection with the troubles.

NO Surrender

But what has it got to do with football?

Last edited:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
actually you're right, it's a quid, there shouldn't be anything to complain about, i guess they just set high expectations last season, and this season doesn't quite compare when they are filling pages with music nonsense.

Guess it's a matter of personal opinion. I see football and music (and clothes...and relationships...and the eternal struggle...) as part of the same culture. If I only wanted football stuff I'd only buy the programme.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Who are we not surrendering to these days? It can't still be the IRA surely? They gave up years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here