Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

End of the road for the seagull love review?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There is NO PLACE for politics at football. Left, right, centre whatever.

Its a shame that some people still want to drag policitics into it.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I still don't understand why anyone would make these chants at a football match between 2 English teams.

Would you go to a music concert and start chanting for free NHS dental care? Would you go to a Car boot sale and strike up a chant about Free Tibet? Would you go to Withdean for a football match and start a chant? Would you go to a sales conference and start chanting about getting the army out of Iraq? Would you go to Goodwood for the Horses and chant about releasing a prisoner from a South American jail?

No, you wouldn't so why on earth would anyone start this particular chant at a football match? Just seems weird to me. If it were an England match v ROI then at least there would be a tenuous reason for certain elements of the crowd to do so, even though they probably wouldn’t have the bottle to do it there.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
wow, great PR!

although ... you won't find any political content in TSLR, if that is putting anyone off or turning anyone on (what double page spread is the poster talking about above?), and the whole hudds thing was regrettable on my part but can't speak for the others, oh well.

remember, a fanzine is not a public service, it's an alternative that will not suit all fans tastes, unfortunately.

I've never noticed any political stuff in TSLR. I haven't a left-wing bone in my body, but the political allegiances of you guys wouldn't stop me buying what I think is a good rag. As long as you don't interview George Galloway or Hugo Chavez I'll keep forking out a golden nugget for it. Good work :thumbsup:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I still don't understand why anyone would make these chants at a football match between 2 English teams.

Would you go to a music concert and start chanting for free NHS dental care? Would you go to a Car boot sale and strike up a chant about Free Tibet? Would you go to Withdean for a football match and start a chant? Would you go to a sales conference and start chanting about getting the army out of Iraq? Would you go to Goodwood for the Horses and chant about releasing a prisoner from a South American jail?

No, you wouldn't so why on earth would anyone start this particular chant at a football match? Just seems weird to me. If it were an England match v ROI then at least there would be a tenuous reason for certain elements of the crowd to do so, even though they probably wouldn’t have the bottle to do it there.

:down:

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I see an increase in sales on the horizon. And I for one agree there is no sense in the No Surrender chant unless you wish to show allegiance to the far right. If thats your thing then find a more suitable past time like starting up your own black shirt brigade you fools.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Its quite simple really.
They just want to sound all HARD and DEFIANT about something. Anything. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.

They just want to sound MACHO.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Its quite simple really.
They just want to sound all HARD and DEFIANT about something. Anything. Thats it. Nothing more, nothing less.

They just want to sound MACHO.

ooh, you mean as in "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough"

In fact, that would be a great thing to chant to those fans who start up the homophobic chanting against us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ooh, you mean as in "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough"

In fact, that would be a great thing to chant to those fans who start up the homophobic chanting against us.

Only if they're really really hard though...

Mmmmm

1 night only

Apr 29, 2009
If it were an England match v ROI then at least there would be a tenuous reason for certain elements of the crowd to do so, even though they probably wouldn’t have the bottle to do it there.

Not been following international football long then by that statement!

Whether you agree with the song (It is not an offensive song I really do not see the big deal, out dated yes but offensive no) or not the point for me is that no other supporter is going to tell me what I can or can not sing at a football ground. That is all

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Not been following international football long then by that statement!

Whether you agree with the song (It is not an offensive song I really do not see the big deal, out dated yes but offensive no) or not the point for me is that no other supporter is going to tell me what I can or can not sing at a football ground. That is all

Then I guess you are one of the ***** of the highest order that do sing it at England games then. Well I assure you, I am not alone in being one of the majority of fans at England games who do not sing it. Granted, I only go to England home games, and have only been going since the early 80s, never having the finances to go to away games. I must confess, I haven't been to any of the last 3 home games, so perhaps much has changed.

As for singing it at ROI games, how many have there been in Ireland? Oh, there was one back in 1995, how did that end? So our "boys" are brave enough to sing it when the team are playing at home too, wow, makes me so proud. Bring back the troops, we have a far more effective army in England football fans. Oh, and chuck in the Celtic gobshites too, we'll have the Taliban licked in no time.

I don't think it is even that the song is offensive, just that it is utterly pointless, unless you are a mindless twat intent on offending people, or getting involved with hooliganism.

BTW, I am not telling what to, or what not to sing, that is up to you.

Last edited:

brightonbluenose

May 6, 2006
T
I don't think it is even that the song is offensive, just that it is utterly pointless, unless you are a mindless twat intent on offending people, or getting involved with hooliganism.

BTW, I am not telling what to, or what not to sing, that is up to you.

FFS.........so the songs not offensive but you might be 'a mindless twat intent on offending people' by singing it?!

And what has it got to do with hooliganism?!

I suggest you drop it because you are talking absolute shite!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here