Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

empty seats tonight

Dan Gleeballs

Nov 24, 2011
I don't mind the elderly going a bit early, but it does piss me off when they these jcl's or part timers keep walking across my vision of an exciting game.The East looked like it was in a massive walk out protest with 5 mins to go.
On the plus side i stayed behind for my usually drink at the end and i have never been home so early after a evening game!

Amen in to that. I appreciate people have to leave early for a variety of reasons but to the extent when a whole stand closer to empty than full before the end of a game?? Brighton have got reasonably good core support but there's still plenty in the crowd with other things on their mind

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Amen in to that. I appreciate people have to leave early for a variety of reasons but to the extent when a whole stand closer to empty than full before the end of a game?? Brighton have got reasonably good core support but there's still plenty in the crowd with other things on their mind

You mean people have a life outside of being a Brighton fan?

Surely not.

They should have their tickets taken off them.

Back to the Withdean for the proper fans. :D

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i dont mind people leaving early, its the ones that SLOWLY make their way to the exit and hang around til the final whistle that annoy me. If you're gonna leave, leave! Dont hang around and get in everyones way!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
I know it's there own choice but I could not believe the amount of people leaving early... 2-2 with 5 minutes added time and a game which actually looks like we could score at any time..

It's their choice.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's their choice.

Yes, but its embarrassing to see a stand more than half empty while the game is still going on. And for what ? To get home half an hour earlier on a Friday night.

Seems like the newer fans in the ESU are the worst culprits, its quite shocking how sparse it gets up there from about the 85th minute onwards. Whats so damn IMPORTANT to leave the game early for ?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think we need a few 92nd minute winners to teach people the error of their ways

Feb 14, 2010
Two points Easy 10
1. If the nonsense of people having to stand in kine to get a bus to another part of Brighton to then get to their car continues then get used to it, as people will leave early. If you want change then start asking why people cant par in the two large estates next to the ground as people do up and down the country.
2. As for "newer fans". Then what are you on about? You do know Brighton got crowds of 30,000 against Rochdale dont you? Fans at all clubs move on. I am one of them, moved away and see them less despite having seen them since the 70's and yes I was at Hereford. Go to any big club in London, whether Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, and even smaller clubs like Millwall or Fulham and you will get the people who have been for years and people who have not. It always was the same, even in the 70's at all clubs. Brighton are big time now and have always had historically large gates compared to the division they were in, unlike a Reading type club. Brighton now have the biggest gates in the division by a country mile, I think you need to think on what that means.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Ah the weekly people leaving early thread. How predictably dull.

Really what does it matter when people leave other to the person that is leaving?

It happens at every ground in the country, as I type people are pouring out of old trafford. I went to Arsenal the other week and with 5 minutes to go the ground was half empty.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Did anyone else have it where a few people didn't come back after half time? Atleast 6 round me didn't come back. Maybe it was my language.... Oh well.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
This will always happen at evening games.
We have a large proportion of families and kids within the fanbase, which incidentally is a good thing.

We need more games at 3pm on a Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here