Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Employment laws

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Is it me or is it far to difficult to sack anyone these days?

As far as i can tell you virtually have to shoot the CEO to get sacked.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Is it me or is it far to difficult to sack anyone these days?

As far as i can tell you virtually have to shoot the CEO to get sacked.

That rather depends who you work for. If it's the Civil Service you're just about right.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
A good performance management system allows you to sack anyone who is not performing ... with no fear of litigation. If, however, you just want to sack someone you're right it ain't easy!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Depends why you want them sacked, if it's personal then quite rightly it's not easy. If it's for under-performing, then provided you go through HR and they've had the appropriate warnings, then it shouldn't be too difficult in the private sector. Shooting the CEO might be a little quicker though.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I wasn't thinking of anything on my plate at the moment more looking at other areas of the business.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of people who don't appear to pull their weight.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I don't think so - only recently avoided a major b0llocking over something i alledgedly said at a work booze up. Didn't really damage my end of year review though. so still on for a good bonus :)

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
In any big organisation it will be hard to get rid of people on the grounds of being inefficient. The difference is that the private sector will make decisions to downsize and make redundancies far more often than the public sector ever does.

Hopefully the upcoming cuts will help clear out some of the dead wood.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Ain't that the truth.

I started a new contract on the 6th, it was supposed to run until the end of January and I turned down two other jobs as this was a longer deal. However on Thursday they decided that they were postponing the project I was on until the New Year. So far they have padi me for four days but they don't seem very keen of paying me the day's notice period. Looks like a trip to my local small claims court (again). As it is I got a phone call this week asking me to start somewhere else, the real irony is that not only does it pay better but I will actually be working in the same building but for these people. Of course I have pointed out the clause to the agency but they have decided to ignore it (and me). The last one that did that ended up with a very hefty bill when the bailiffs turned up to collect !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here