Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Employment laws

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Being a contractor isn't the same thing as being an employee.

A lot of contractors cannot get a permanent job for a variety of reasons, mine is my age. An employer cannot tell you you're too old now so instead they say you're 'too experienced'. However rather than stay at home watching Jeremy Kyle some of us do try to stay gainfully employed however we have no rights effectively.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I started a new contract on the 6th, it was supposed to run until the end of January and I turned down two other jobs as this was a longer deal. However on Thursday they decided that they were postponing the project I was on until the New Year. So far they have padi me for four days but they don't seem very keen of paying me the day's notice period. Looks like a trip to my local small claims court (again). As it is I got a phone call this week asking me to start somewhere else, the real irony is that not only does it pay better but I will actually be working in the same building but for these people. Of course I have pointed out the clause to the agency but they have decided to ignore it (and me). The last one that did that ended up with a very hefty bill when the bailiffs turned up to collect !

My favourite was getting a month renewal then getting given a weeks notice a week later as they didn't have any work.

I would have been upset if I hadn't sat around for a couple of weeks doing nothing beforehand!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here