Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Empire Magazines Top 10 films of 2009

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I would definitely say that 'Let The Right One In' as top of the list is just. Great to see a foreign language film at number 1.

Yep Låt den rätte komma in was the best of the ones I have seen on that list. Have got a real issue with blood and struggled with the park scene near the beginning, but fantastic flick with a perfect balance of horror and suspense.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Only saw Coraline from that list. I thought the mice detracted from the plot somewhat.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
As chiln"s films go...and I've seen most of them... Up was the clear winner...next year Toy Story 3 and Shrek 4... mydaughter cant wait.

Worst kiddies film of the year most definately was barbie's three musketeers. Somoeone please put the Barbie film industry out of its misery

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is was stunning visually, however it was rubbish

No way. The story was very well structed and compelling. They really made an effort on the script as well as making it look sumptuous. It is a triumph for me and probably the greatest ever " action hero " type film ever made.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Gran Torino was my fave film of the year. Cannot believe that so many of you rated Moon, I was bored to tears watching that in the cinema, could not wait for it to end.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Watchmen was a bit of a shithouse imitation of the comicbook which carried the paranoic cold-war politics and social disintegration drawn so menacingly and relevantly of its time. The film was watchable in areas and held some of the likeable characteristics of Roarschach and Nite Owl, but it lacked the multitude of layers the original had. I know it's a different medium and perfect impersonation can't be simply constructed, but the director is emotionally limited and likes the blood and guts of gross-out cinema rather than looking to build the tension necessary to make the storyline truly work.
I'm no Snyder admirer.

Let The Right One In was cool.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here