Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Emma Raducanu

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
She’s 76 - don’t think she’s playing :thumbsup:

She’s probably still ranked number 3 in British tennis.

Seriously though we’ve had Jo Konta, Heather Watson and Laura Robson who’ve all threatened to establish themselves at the top end of the women’s game in recent years, but injuries seem to have always stopped any momentum they had. Let’s hope Emma can finally be the one to break through.

Last edited:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Who said anything about hate? I certainly didn't, and l hope that l don't hate anyone, hatred is such a horrible word.
Maybe "up yours" has a different meaning in Brighton.

Saying that you love someone a great deal simply because you believe that another group of people won't like her? That's obviously prejudice, you can't dispute that. You're prejudiced against the majority of voters who voted for Brexit. You ascribe views to them that they don't have. No doubt about the prejudice.

But hatred? Maybe not. Perhaps you despise us, rather than hate us. Not a lot different, but I accept it is different.

Or perhaps I read you wrong. How do you actually feel about Brexiters?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maybe "up yours" has a different meaning in Brighton.

Saying that you love someone a great deal simply because you believe that another group of people won't like her? That's obviously prejudice, you can't dispute that. You're prejudiced against the majority of voters who voted for Brexit. You ascribe views to them that they don't have. No doubt about the prejudice.

But hatred? Maybe not. Perhaps you despise us, rather than hate us. Not a lot different, but I accept it is different.

Or perhaps I read you wrong. How do you actually feel about Brexiters?

Hey what's this all about? I'm a lover not a fighter, what l said was said tongue in cheek, hence the smiley face.

Whilst admitting that l am a staunch Remainer, that doesn't mean that l look down, or despise (your word), anyone who voted differently. Having differing opinions is all part of life's great tapestry is it not?

Try not to take things so personally. Have another one of these. :)

Stumpy Tim

Winnable 4th round although anyone who knocks Barty out must be doing something right - doubt she’ll be on Arthur Ashe now,

Watched yesterday and the hitting was sensational, she was peppering lines the entire match. Even if she wasn’t British that performance would get a lot of attention.

She is on Arthur Ashe, as she's up against the last remaining American. 7pm tonight. I don't tend to watch much tennis, but I'll be watching this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think that this is on Amazon Prime from a quick google? I’ll be watching if so, looks a real talent on what I saw of her at Wimbledon this year (on the tv, I wasn’t actually there :smile:)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think that this is on Amazon Prime from a quick google? I’ll be watching if so, looks a real talent on what I saw of her at Wimbledon this year (on the tv, I wasn’t actually there [emoji2])
Indeed it is. Start time estimated as 19.20

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I love Amazon Prime.

Come on Emma!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here