Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Emma Raducanu

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Not been a keen tennis follower, but the story that has just seen Emma Radencuca just win the US open is just miraculous. Just watched my first full match of tennis on tele for years, as got carried along with the hype. A level results three weeks ago, and world media presence today. Hope she keeps a good head, and takes good advice, because she could become a UK sporting legend and could be on our screens for many years to come. :clap2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Henman had a whole career haunted by the pressure of winning his first Grand Slam weighing very heavy on his shoulders. You could see it each time he got close to Wimbledon glory.

Emma will never have that in her career now. After just two Grand Slams!

I'm glad you mentioned Henman, and I also think Rusedski deserves a mention. Those guys may never have won a Grand Slam but they blazed a trail, helping pave the way for Andy Murray who - in turn - has made it a little more straightforward for Emma.

One of the special moments about tonight was seeing Virginia Wade there, Henman courtside and Rusedski presenting on Amazon, the lot of them all in for Emma.

A great night for British tennis and British sport.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Almost totally forgotten about the football. One of the greatest achievements ever in UK sport. A great final against a great opponent, too. There were times when I thought she would lose, but she showed fight and resilience when needed as well as great skill. Absolutely fantastic.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm glad you mentioned Henman, and I also think Rusedski deserves a mention. Those guys may never have won a Grand Slam but they blazed a trail, helping pave the way for Andy Murray who - in turn - has made it a little more straightforward for Emma.

One of the special moments about tonight was seeing Virginia Wade there, Henman courtside and Rusedski presenting on Amazon, the lot of them all in for Emma.

A great night for British tennis and British sport.
Talking of Virginia Wade, she’s aging well isn’t she. Looks pretty much the same now as she did 30 years ago.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here