Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embarressing names parents give their children...

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Theatre of Trees said:
Didn't Frank Zappa call his son Moon Unit?

I have come across (not in the biblical sense!) a girl called Metallica!

I think that was his daughter-the son was called Dweezil wasn't he? Dweezil-what kind of name is that to lumber a kid with? Boy named Sue seems tame:smokin:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
And of course David Bowie called his first son Zowie!

poor bugger being called Zowie Bowie ... no wonder he changed it to Joe some years later!

D

Deleted User X18H

Easy 10 said:
When I worked on the deli counter at Co-op in Blatchington Road, I worked with a bloke called Simon Knellor.

(think about it for a little bit - I assure you, its worth it).
and Mr Battrick Mr Leggat and Shirley Grew no doubt....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
On the Left Wing said:
And of course David Bowie called his first son Zowie!

poor bugger being called Zowie Bowie ... no wonder he changed it to Joe some years later!

and Mark Bolan called his son Roland (true)

But "Moon Unit Zappa" is still a top name - and I seem to remember Grace Slick (lead singer of Jefferson Airplane/Starship) called her daughter "god" in the 60's, but with a small g so that she wouldn't become conceited.

:shootself

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Ah but what was "Moon Unit" originally? And what was its connection with Brighton?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I once met someone called Honey Arneja - which is pronounced Honey I-need-ya. She's a bit of a cracker too!

I also know of an Anil Mistry - I bet there has been plenty of Anal Mysteries in Kemp Town over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here