Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Embarrassing

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Before Reading were at the Madejski they had shit crowds at a shit ground and all of a sudden they move to a nice ground and the crowds go up. Why will the same not happen to us? Pleas enlighten me as to why we are so much different RoyalSlag. As for Sally he can just f*** off.

royalstagg

Jul 27, 2004
I am not saying your gates will not go up significantly. I just find the assumption you will get 20000 unrealistic. We took 35000 to the playoff final in Cardiff and 20000 of those have gone missing. Are gates at the madstad have risen gradually. to start off with we were only averaging about 10000 now it is 15500. As you say you have lost a generation of fans. They will not return overnight but hopefully for Brighton your gates will get back to previous levels in time. I just hate Brighton fans that slag Readings gates and atmosphere when there is no atmosphere at the Withdean and small gates. The problem with the new fans at Reading is they do not have the passion of the 5000 who used to go to Elm Park who are now spread around an all seater stadium and this has killed the atmosphere apart from big games. I hope this does not happen at Falmer but is a disease at many all seater stadiums

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
royalstagg said:
The problem with the new fans at Reading is they do not have the passion of the 5000 who used to go to Elm Park who are now spread around an all seater stadium and this has killed the atmosphere apart from big games. I hope this does not happen at Falmer but is a disease at many all seater stadiums

He's got a point there. Whatever happens with the new ground it's not going to be like the North Stand at The Goldstone overnight.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
you can't look at it in just numbers but in percentages. We sold out 90% of our capacity, 7% of the shortfall was due to the away turnout therefore the remaining 3% which is equivalent of 210 albion fans didn't make it.

Now what's your excuse???

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
RoyalAli said:
They have decent ticketing systems now, if they had a certain amount of people allowed in, and under no circumstances more, then I don't see why it wouldn't work.
its not just "open the turnstiles until there is no longer a queue"

EGGaxctly!

sercurity is much better these days - hillsboro WOULD NEVER happen again.

it would allow the "lads" to have a great sing song with some good olf fashoined surges and stuff, and let the other supporters sit down, and enjoy a sociable game of football - everyones happy!

no????

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
RoyalAli said:

Cardiff City last year was fantastic for the reason that we could do as we liked on the terraces, and it really made for a great atmosphere.

it does make a f*** load of difference - we played brentford/peterborough/chesterfield colchester all of which were on terraces and atmosphere was f***ing awsome!
:cool:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Charlies Shinpad said:
How mant did Reading take to West ham last night?

Be interested to know??

About 2,000. 1,200 sold before the day and 800 more on the gate.

Not bad for a game on the wrong side of London to get to, on a Tuesday night, and also on TV. :clap:

Wilts

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth/Reading
Brighton till i die said:
its not exactly that far away really is it - most of our away games are further than that in distance.

No, but whatever I say you're not going to like us so who cares? :p

2,000 away to West Ham when its also on TV is not bad. If it was a Saturday (like last year) then we'd sell out. Last year we sold out the 3,500 nearly 3 weeks before the game itself....(before Pardew had left).

Our midweek away support isn't great, but then neither is it for most clubs.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Wilts said:
No, but whatever I say you're not going to like us so who cares? :p

2,000 away to West Ham when its also on TV is not bad. If it was a Saturday (like last year) then we'd sell out. Last year we sold out the 3,500 nearly 3 weeks before the game itself....(before Pardew had left).

Our midweek away support isn't great, but then neither is it for most clubs.

im not saying its a shit turn out, just saying that for us that journey would not be considered far at all , as we are stuck right down south, every f***ing match is a trek other than london based fixtures etc.:p :salute:

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Buck said:
What did we take to Brentford for the annual 4-0 thrashing, as that was midweek?

fortunately bi-annual not annual :ohmy:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
i was at the last game at elm park (or so i think) - they beat us 2-0 or 2-1 to win the league...correct me ifwrong.

we were on the terraces behind goal, getting f***ing filmed by the cops - then at the final whistle they f***ing blocked us all in the stand and let the reading fans parade around the pitch infront of us??

didnt it have a swooping stand behind the home goal - bit like the old southampton ground??

:smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here