Not open for further replies.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Are you some kind of plum or what?

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Don't care if all that is what you believe in BUT WHAT THE f*** DOES IS HAVE TO DO BRIGHTON & HOVE ALBION?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
put st george in my heart keep me english
put st george in my heart i pray
put st george in my heart keep me english
keep me english to my dying day.
NO SURRENDER
NO SURRENDER
NO SURRENDER TO THE IRA SCUM!!!!!!!

This is most amusing.

Mostly because St George wasn't even English and more than likely a member of the earlier form of the Roman Catholic church.

Such delicious irony.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Has it occurred to you that perhaps you don't know the situation in Norn Iron as well as you think you do? You seem to think the Catholic church and the IRA are one and the same thing. Schoolboy error.

I know my Irish history quite well.

It's not about the Catholic church.

It's about stupid people misappropriating native symbology and seeming to think it is their own.

I'm sure if you know your history you can see this as plain as the face on your nose.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Taking the subject matter to one side, are you saying that you are trying to point other people's ignorance of things by posting your own ignorance?

Interesting thought processes you have yourself, TB.

No, he's posting his knowledge to point out ignorance. I may be making a huge assumption, but I doubt the origial poster is siding with Catholicism. In which case the pont is valid.

I know my Irish history quite well.

It's not about the Catholic church.

It's about stupid people misappropriating native symbology and seeming to think it is their own.

I'm sure if you know your history you can see this as plain as the face on your nose.

So why did you get your knickers in such a twist about Catholicism and the idea of Englishness/Britishness being mutually exclusive?

That symbolism is their own. Ulster's that is. In exactly the same way as the method of killing some beardy hippy jew from the middle east 2000 years ago is the symbolism of every Christian on this planet.

Jeez, so your ancestors got bullied 250 years ago. Get over it.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz,why start another thread on it

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Taking the subject matter to one side, are you saying that you are trying to point other people's ignorance of things by posting your own ignorance?

Interesting thought processes you have yourself, TB.

How am I being ignorant?

By pointing out that those people who have a dislike for all things native Irish, Catholic, non English or whatever are stupid because they use a RC Saint as some kind of representation of their own nation or patriotic views?

Wouldn't it make more sense to find a Saint more appropriate and in tune with the nation to represent them as their patron saint?

No, he's posting his knowledge to point out ignorance. I may be making a huge assumption, but I doubt the origial poster is siding with Catholicism. In which case the pont is valid.

What knowledge? By his own admission he says he doesn't have a scoobies if the Roman Catholic church supports the IRA. That's a pretty big credibility gap to fill. And yes, that's a pretty big assumption you made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here