Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The problem with this country at the moment I see is the following:

1) Everything is expensive
2) Lack of respect and general manners
3) Motorways and Roads too congested at certain times
4) Public transport too expensive
5) Slackers and criminals being rewarded for bad behavior
6) If you work hard, you pay more, not less.
7) No manufacturing. Too many cold callers and phone calls with companies selling crap.

This

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
e) Believing that everything is f*****cked up in the country when in fact life in the UK is better than 90% of countries in the world.

It just makes me laugh when people complain about British trains! Have you been outside of Western Europe?

British Imperialism is alive and well!

I won't ever complain about a British Train. I had to get a Train in Portugal when I went to watch Brighton vs Sunderland, I am amazed that i'm still alive

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To me it seems that a lot of people complain about things in this country because they've got no real experience of anywhere else. I agree that Public Transport is expensive and that a lot of things are far from perfect but on the other hand who would you compare this country with ?

Take the US, supposedly the richest country in the World, Public Transport there is either non existent or often dangerous. Their postal, health and welfare systems are pathetic compared to ours and they also have the highest number of people per capita behind bars of any country in the world.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
It makes me proud there was so much reaction to the EDL march. There will always be f***ing racist muppets and having them all in one place to laugh at is fine.
There will also always be idiots who only give a shit about themselves, read the daily nazi and vote Conservative. Unfortunately there are too many of the latter recently. Luckily in Britain we still get a choice. How long under the Tory scum, I'm not sure.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
It makes me proud there was so much reaction to the EDL march. There will always be f***ing racist muppets and having them all in one place to laugh at is fine.
There will also always be idiots who only give a shit about themselves, read the daily nazi and vote Conservative. Unfortunately there are too many of the latter recently. Luckily in Britain we still get a choice. How long under the Tory scum, I'm not sure.

What makes me proud, is that British people are generally tolerant of other people's views.

Oh.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
What makes me proud, is that British people are generally tolerant of other people's views.

Oh.

don't be daft. should i 'tolerate' some numpty who's sitting there shouting racist abuse at, let's say for example, lua lua at withers on saturday afternoon? or should i do something about this?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The head of the Scottish FA making a public apology for their fans booing loudly the Leichtenstein national anthem, which has the same tune as the British national anthem...sorry to remind you folks north of Hadrians, but the Union stands and you remain British...you were booing "our" national anthem, chumps!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I voted for the sweaty socks:lolol:
EDL have a right to march like many other organisation so why slate them,you get muslim extremists marching and so on.

I think its good that we have british people marching for the right to be proud,racists or not many foreign organisations here are far more racist than us.

:thumbsup:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I walked into a bar in Zante a couple of years back with the boys and the missus, proudly wearing my England shirt as was the nippers.
Said hello to this fellow who I knew was English but he completely ignored me and walked passed us with his big hooter stuck in the air.
Shame but I`m never embarrassed to be English.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007

Since the war there has been no danger to freedom and democracy in GB from the right. It has been some of those on the left who've consistently threatened all that's best in this country for the last sixty-five years. This thread (and indeed this messageboard) is a perfect example of where the bigotry and sheer ignorant nastiness comes from, and it isn't from Conservative voters.
I believe that most people vote Conservative for the good of the country, while most people vote Labour for the good of themselves. Somehow I don't imagine you'd agree with me.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I will never consider myself British.
I am ENGLISH.

Agree with you WFP.... what is this thing about calling ourselves british ... the scots are scottish the Wales call themselves welsh .... NI are Irish and for some inane reason we are british .... well i'm from England so i am ENGLISH

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here