Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick's treatment today...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No, that was El-Abd.

When we had lots of men in the box and plenty of time to pick out a pass he decided to pass it backwards.

Sorry you are wrong it was most definitely Elphick who passed the ball to a Hartlepool player and thus cause the problem.

I think we should try and get Linvoy Primus on loan from Pompey as he doesnt figure in their squads and is very experienced and this would help Tunnicliffe, Virgo and Ekphick who ever is picked.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Sorry you are wrong it was most definitely Elphick who passed the ball to a Hartlepool player and thus cause the problem.

Yes, Elphick gave the ball away. But he should never have been put in that position by El-Abd who went backwards when we have a box full of players at the other end. Call it lack of ambition, lack of quality whatever! But it was El-Abd who initially should have gone forward with the ball.

blue and white army

Jan 31, 2008
Brighton
Tommy Elphick

Now I know everyone's made the lad a scape-goat, but aside from his mistake today which cost us a goal I thought he was our best defender,confident and assured on the ball. I hold my hands up he was responsible for the goal. But wasn't Tunnicliffe responsible for the first yet there's no thread lambasting him or El-Abd's inability to pass the ball forward when we had numerous opportunities to advance and capitalise on Hartlepool's errors. Elphick is our most commanding and vocal centre-half, more so then both Virgo and Tunnicliffe. He has adapted to passing the ball out of defence rather then lumping it up the pitch like Virgo. He won more headers then Tunnicliffe and Virgo today. f*** me Micky you really defiled a smashing partnership in Lynch and Elphick :angry:

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex

It was Elf-Dick who simply passed the ball to a Hartlepool player allowing him to pick his spot for their 3rd goal. BBC1 11.55hrs, "The Football League Show" will reveal all.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
didn't Elphick mistakenly challenge for a header before the 2nd goal leaving the ball to break to a free man? Then of course there was his pass to a Hpool player for the 3rd.

There's no doubt that TE's confidence is low, why? because he has not improved for 2 years? his fault or the fault of those that are responsible for coaching/developing him?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
After Elphick let that lad go past him in the last minute against Southend and Slade intimated that if it carried on changes would be made if things didn`t improve then heads where due to roll at the back.
Leaving it as late as he has , seeing how Elpheck`s form has slumped has been poor management by Slade. Firstly in how we have suffered as a team and secondly leaving it so late that he has had to rip the lads confidence to pieces by subbing him half way through a game like today.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Now I know everyone's made the lad a scape-goat, but aside from his mistake today which cost us a goal I thought he was our best defender,confident and assured on the ball. I hold my hands up he was responsible for the goal. But wasn't Tunnicliffe responsible for the first yet there's no thread lambasting him or El-Abd's inability to pass the ball forward when we had numerous opportunities to advance and capitalise on Hartlepool's errors. Elphick is our most commanding and vocal centre-half, more so then both Virgo and Tunnicliffe. He has adapted to passing the ball out of defence rather then lumping it up the pitch like Virgo. He won more headers then Tunnicliffe and Virgo today. f*** me Micky you really defiled a smashing partnership in Lynch and Elphick :angry:

You must have been watching a re-run of a game where Elf-Dick played a decent game. Your account of his performance today says to me that you weren't watching the same game as the rest of us!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, Elphick gave the ball away. But he should never have been put in that position by El-Abd who went backwards when we have a box full of players at the other end. Call it lack of ambition, lack of quality whatever! But it was El-Abd who initially should have gone forward with the ball.

You appear to be a typical BHA fan 'get the ball forward' that is bollox keep possession and do not lose it. As in this instance if there is nobody to play the ball to in the box play it to somebody else but keep possession and force another opening, if it means going backwards to keep the ball do so but do not give it away.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
didn't Elphick mistakenly challenge for a header before the 2nd goal leaving the ball to break to a free man? Then of course there was his pass to a Hpool player for the 3rd.

There's no doubt that TE's confidence is low, why? because he has not improved for 2 years? his fault or the fault of those that are responsible for coaching/developing him?

In so doing knock El Abd over who was positioned to head it clear.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
You appear to be a typical BHA fan 'get the ball forward' that is bollox keep possession and do not lose it. As in this instance if there is nobody to play the ball to in the box play it to somebody else but keep possession and force another opening, if it means going backwards to keep the ball do so but do not give it away.

But it was not an instance for going backwards! I'm all for retaining possession, believe me. But if El-Abd has the ball in THEIR half, has most of our team in FRONT of him, has them making runs for him and has TIME, then taking the easy option by passing backwards is NOT the correct option. That's the kind of play I would expect from someone who knows they have no creative ability, and would rather opt for the easy way out in case they cock-up the attacking pass. That's all El-Abd ever does, wherever he is playing!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
But it was not an instance for going backwards! I'm all for retaining possession, believe me. But if El-Abd has the ball in THEIR half, has most of our team in FRONT of him, has them making runs for him and has TIME, then taking the easy option by passing backwards is NOT the correct option. That's the kind of play I would expect from someone who knows they have no creative ability, and would rather opt for the easy way out in case they cock-up the attacking pass. That's all El-Abd ever does, wherever he is playing!

didn't Forster play it BACK to El Abd because Davies was out of position before El Abd passed it to Elphick?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here