Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elphick's treatment today...

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
That would be the 3rd goal, when we were supposed to be on the attack and had everyone forward, but deemed it necessary to play back to the halfway line and lose the ball there. :shootself `~#

No, that was El-Abd.

When we had lots of men in the box and plenty of time to pick out a pass he decided to pass it backwards.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fact is Elphick had a terrible game. He doesn't marshall the defence, which is probably due to his inexperience and his mistakes today cost us the game. Even when Forster scored the equalizer, Elphick trudged back to our half not celebrating because the keeper had saved his point blank effort. That shows to me his head is not in the right place at the moment. I would also add, in agreement with Bensgrandad, that Elphick should have been dropped from the start and not Virgo. I'm no fan of Virgo but his defending is currently better than Elphick.

As for some of these crap comments about Lynch, exactly how many games did they play together as the centre half partnership in the year Elphick was named player of the season. Lynch only started 18 games as opposed to Butters 19 so who do you really think was the greater influence (notwithstanding the fact that Lynch quite often played at full back).

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Elphick had a shocking half, granted, & has to accept his share of blame for a fair few games recently, but I can't be the only one deeply uncomfortable with the morons booing him when he got the ball at the end of the 2nd half. I accept players can play crap, but unless they're clearly not trying or taking the piss, nobody deserves personal abuse.

Elphick probably shouldn't have been playing, on recent form, but that's not his fault. What pissed me off royally was seeing the entire team skulk off to the changing room at half time, with not one of them bothering to console him or put an arm round him. No matter what our job, we all have bad days, & it doesn't say much for team spirit or management that they all (except sub Virgo) left Elphick to his own misery when the whistle went. Same goes for the management apart from a token Dean White pat on the back. I actually felt sorry for Elphick, he was having such a mare, & none of his club mates appeared to give a shit.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
The only components of our so-called defense who had a decent game were Hoyte and Tunny. Even Tunny had a couple of minor moments but was still not guilty of the defensive howlers that cost us yet more points. Elf-Dick is poor, really poor and is rightly berated by us, the fans. El-Abd lacks vision and cannot read the play so much so that his main aim is to look for the pass back rather than move the play forward.

I really have no desire to see the loss of a good manager due to the poor, passionless, performances by players who seem to think that turning up, shouting pointless instructions to other weak players justifies their pay!

IMO. it's time we sorted this out once and for all so that we can move forward with better players who want to play for the club and have the passion and ability to do so.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
T. Elphick was probably shocked at being subbed. He NEVER gets subbed. Especially as he is now official target man for Tunnicliffe's mighty throw-ins.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
T. Elphick was probably shocked at being subbed. He NEVER gets subbed. Especially as he is now official target man for Tunnicliffe's mighty throw-ins.

About as shocked as captain Adam Virgo (with a 'must play every game' clause in his contract) at being dropped.

Both of them need to get over it and start performing for the team the way they can and the way we NEED.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's pretty crap when the players can't even be arsed to support each other when they're up against it, I thought their reaction to Elphick todAy was appalling & I hope none of them needs help any time soon.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
It's pretty crap when the players can't even be arsed to support each other when they're up against it, I thought their reaction to Elphick todAy was appalling & I hope none of them needs help any time soon.

This was exactly my point when starting the thread.

Terrible for morale, and it's not going to help Elphick is it?

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Elphick had a shocking half, granted, & has to accept his share of blame for a fair few games recently, but I can't be the only one deeply uncomfortable with the morons booing him when he got the ball at the end of the 2nd half. I accept players can play crap, but unless they're clearly not trying or taking the piss, nobody deserves personal abuse.

Too true. I was particularly annoyed when, IMO, Hartlepool got gifted their 3rd by an Elf-Dick stupid pass, but booing him at the end of the half was not on and was totally the wrong response from so called "fans".

The only way out of this mess is for management/player/fan unity. However, the right components need to be in place for unification first!

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactément, is that going to make him play better? No. He's a decent lad who's currently playing bAdly, not some ageing parasite eeeking out one last pay day for minimal effort. Ruin him now & we lose him forever. Back him & he might just recover the form he showed in the past.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
Other than the piss poor defense, the performance of our team was good. Bennett and Dicker were especially good. I enjoyed the second half immensly and thought we deserved to grab a fourth on a couple of occasions.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But bar 1/2 of the defence, the rest of our team actually played quite well. And it's the other 9 on the pitch not named Elphick or El Abd who had all their effort and good play rendered pointless because Elphick is a retard. To then console him as well is asking a bit much.

Oh do one, you defend Kuipers no matter what the flapping buffoon does, so you have no moral ground to occupy where Elphick is concerned. Besides, Tunnicliffe was as responsible as Elphick or El Abd for the goals, don't let him off the hook if you're going to point fingers.

"Retard", FFS, that is uncalled for.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here