Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Elon Musk and Twitter

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep, you're right. He does indeed have far less control of Tesla. Maybe he can't trash it. I do hope you're right, as I think I'll need him not to for at least another year, until other car manufacturers can deliver 350 mile range for around the same price as a Tesla 3 or Y. When that happens, he won't see me for dust.
I've driven a fair few EVs and in none of the others have I seen so much of a discrepancy between quoted (WLTP) range and real world experience. I would be AMAZED if anyone got close to 350, without driving very slowly/careful in optimum weather conditions.

As for the rest of the car (this was in a Y), the less said the better...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've driven a fair few EVs and in none of the others have I seen so much of a discrepancy between quoted (WLTP) range and real world experience. I would be AMAZED if anyone got close to 350, without driving very slowly/careful in optimum weather conditions.

As for the rest of the car (this was in a Y), the less said the better...
I’ve got a 3 LR (365 WLTP), and over a full year got 87.2% (318 actual range), doing largely motorway driving.

I assumed that all manufacturers were equally ‘optimistic’. What you say calls that assumption into question.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I’ve got a 3 LR (365 WLTP), and over a full year got 87.2% (318 actual range), doing largely motorway driving.

I assumed that all manufacturers were equally ‘optimistic’. What you say calls that assumption into question.
Yes, most of them are – you'll very rarely get close to the actual WLTP figure because the test is done under optimal (unrealistic) conditions. My issue with the Y was the fact that the figures for indicated range compared with what I actually experienced were miles apart. And this wasn't in extreme temperatures, speeds or anything like that – it was just cruising. There was no real reason for the figure to drop so much, from when we started out, it just did!

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield

My Zoe is pretty accurate in summer. ZE50 R135 version, WLTP quoted range 238 miles. In summer I regularly see 240+ on long trips (A22, M25 Uckfield-Uxbridge). And on one perfect day when everything came together managed closer to 270 miles on the home leg.

Winter it drops massively (more like 180 miles for the long trips, and even worse for school / grocery runs).

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
An enjoyable (if long) read regarding what’s left of Twitter.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
This is also true!

Maybe I'm being over-worried.

Truth be told, there's another reason I'm not happy with my purchase: the CEO's a total knobber (imo). I don't much like knowingly funding knobbers.
Thank your lucky stars that you’re not a Palace fan then

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He’s made it pretty much unusable. Can’t be long left for the platform if this stays in place

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Imagine if you'd recently paid to advertise on Twitter :lolol:

Twitter was my favourite social media platform, but my god Elon has ruined it, it's almost impressive how shit he is.

chickens

Have you considered masterly inactivity?
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Bring on Web3

How would web3 help poor Elon pay his bills? He’s got the money, he’s just choosing to believe he shouldn’t have to honour commitments made by previous management, despite having every opportunity to study the accounts etc prior to purchase, and going in with his eyes open.

I’m finding Mastodon a refreshing alternative to Twitter that appears to have a minimum of dickheads, and a lot less noise, I’m not convinced there’s anything web3 about it, though it is a distributed platform not under any one person’s control, so can’t be as easily ruined by a billionaire’s ego.

Mastodon takes a bit of working out, but I wouldn’t go back to Twitter under any circumstances now.

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Mastodon takes a bit of working out, but I wouldn’t go back to Twitter under any circumstances now.

I'm still struggling to find who to follow on Mastodon, It's very quiet. Maybe this latest outburst by Musk might see things speed up a little, I see there is a North Stand Chat feed that has zero followers, @Bozza is NSC on Mastodon?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here