Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

elliott bennett to norwich?

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I'm not worried one bit about all this speculation on our players being watched by scouts.

Let them watch and STEW in their jealousy in the way we play.

It's about time we all developed some good old honest arrogance about us. We are one of the most attractive clubs outside of the premiership to play for, we play football how it's meant to be played.

Southampton? Who the f*** are they anyway.. PAH! Watch how they try in complete and utter vain to hold on to our coat tails as we dominate this league and go up as well deserved champions. Any player that wants to leave now needs their head examined.

We're better than most of the clubs in the Championship too. They can all do one as well.

It's time for The Albion to make the charge to where we truly deserve to be.

I'm excited and I'll reiterate...

There is no need to worry... not one bit.:thumbsup:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Okay, so we've had scouts present today from these clubs:

Norwich, Spurs, Millwall, QPR, Sheffield United, Middlesbrough and er, Torquay

So, Bennett by Norwich and Murray by Sheffield United are no-brainers (and hopefully both have no chance of signing them), and I'd imagine Posh goalie Lewis was probably the object of Spurs' attention, but if anyone else on the pitch was being singled out by the scouts, who do you all think was being looked at by whom?

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Holroyd, after a successful spell at Stevenage, for Torquay to replace the outgoing Benyon?

Mackail-Smith, McCann and Boyd are all decent players so would probably attract attention. With the Norwich rumours, QPR have been mentioned a lot with Bennett, so they could be for him too. Milwall are after anyone I think

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I spoke to Alann Navarro this lunchtime ( he is 4 weeks from being fit again....wooohooo) and he didn't think the Norwich rumour was agoer as bennett had just signed a new contract

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
From the Argus website:

Albion are fighting to keep hold of Elliott Bennett.

The Argus understands the Seagulls have rejected a bid from Championship challengers Norwich for the former Wolves winger.

Ken Brown, Albion's managing director, refused to confirm whether an offer has been made by the Canaries.

But, speaking exclusively to The Argus, Brown admitted: "There has been interest. It wasn't sought, it is not welcome and it has been declined."

Bennett, Albion's chief goal provider, scored himself after setting up the opener for two-goal Chris Wood in today's 3-1 home win against Peterborough.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The only reason to sell is if bennett wants to leave end of:thumbsup:

For a club on a serious up we certainly have no need to sell

And why wouldn't Bennett want to leave?

Norwich are challanging right at the very top of the Championship and will probably be in the Premier League this year or next.
Brighton are attempting to get promoted out of the Third Division.
Any deal would probably see a 50 - 100% increase in wages.

You can see why he would want to go.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
And why wouldn't Bennett want to leave?

Norwich are challanging right at the very top of the Championship and will probably be in the Premier League this year or next.
Brighton are attempting to get promoted out of the Third Division.
Any deal would probably see a 50 - 100% increase in wages.

You can see why he would want to go.

Yes more money and the premiership,but as i stated bennett isn't premiership quality,we can compete with norwich's wage structure next season anyway.

Only time will tell:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here