Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliott Bennett, Banana's & Monkey Shouts

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
To be fair, in some close knit friendships, casual racism is accepted. A few of my mates have said racist remarks, that involved a fair bit of wit, not just calling me every name under the sun. Plus i have immence pride for my heratige. If Benno hasn't got objections, and its kept fairly low key, shouldn't be a problem, in my opinion!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I don't care about his banana habit as long as he skins a few defenders tomorrow.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
"Coloured" people? I didn't think that term was very acceptable these days. Apart from anything else black people are no more "coloured" than white people. Neither black nor white are colours of the rainbow.

What's wrong with calling a black guy a black guy?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
To be fair, in some close knit friendships, casual racism is accepted. A few of my mates have said racist remarks, that involved a fair bit of wit, not just calling me every name under the sun. Plus i have immence pride for my heratige. If Benno hasn't got objections, and its kept fairly low key, shouldn't be a problem, in my opinion!

This.

All about context an' that.

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
Racism is all about intent, (and the fact Dickinson looks more like a monkey imo) and both parties see it that way then it isn't racist. Quite funny as well :lolol:

now thats what i call racist ..... saying a person looks like a monkey.... and why does it not surprise me that it is you that is saying it when most of your dickinson comments are negative.:rant:

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
Bluejuice;3349639 What's wrong with calling a black guy a black guy?[/QUOTE said:
absolutely nothing wrong with that mate in fact most black guys prefer that term than coloured mixed race or anything else that is supposedly acceptable these days.:thumbsup:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
now thats what i call racist ..... saying a person looks like a monkey.... and why does it not surprise me that it is you that is saying it when most of your dickinson comments are negative.:rant:

Wow calm down, I'm simply pointing out that Dickinson is a) Black and his sticky out ears do make him vaguely resemble a monkey, so it would be very hypocritical of him to call Bennett that in a provocative manner, he may have the first touch of a rapist, none existent aerial ability and an inability to score goals but I wouldn't resort to racism.

Why arn't you having a go at the guy who used the word coloured?

I'm rather impressed by the fact that a racist stereotype that was very widespread in my youth - the association of black people with monkeys, trees and bananas - is now so rarely heard that this thread is possible.

Things have genuinely moved on. I think.

hopper_182

Sep 25, 2008
Wow calm down, I'm simply pointing out that Dickinson is a) Black and his sticky out ears do make him vaguely resemble a monkey, so it would be very hypocritical of him to call Bennett that in a provocative manner, he may have the first touch of a rapist, none existent aerial ability and an inability to score goals but I wouldn't resort to racism.

Why arn't you having a go at the guy who used the word coloured?

Stop. seriously. Liam Dickinsons mum reads this site from time to time ive heard. i doubt she would apreciate you saying these things.

IMO your making racist comments,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here