Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet reception

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Well done to the people singing to Bennett.

I'll never forget the time Martin O'Neill was on the brink of leaving Leicester, everybody thought the game being played would be his last at the club. The Leicester fans sang songs to him all through the match and at the end he said that after support like that from the fans he couldn't leave. Obviously he did leave in the end but the fans singing that night definitely prolonged his stay.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Even if he does leave, he has played a huge part in getting us to top spot. If that was his last outing as a Brighton player, I'm glad it ended on a positive note for the lad. Elliott Bennett :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
just when you think NSC cant sink any lower...people moaning about songs to a player who might be leaving......SERIOUSLY.....i mean WHAT THE f***?!?!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Lets get this right, what he did / has done is a shitty thing to do and he hasn't given a shit for anyone but himself.

Saying that if a few songs help in anyway then so be it.

I would love to see him stay but I just can't hold the same love for him that I did.

Bit like if your bird had it away with someone else but you took her back..........you'd still get your food cooked , clothes ironed and a nice bit of daily sex but it just wouldn't quite be the same

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Lets get this right, what he did / has done is a shitty thing to do and he hasn't given a shit for anyone but himself.

I would love to see him stay but I just can't hold the same love for him that I did.

Bit like if your bird had it away with someone else but you took her back..........you'd still get your food cooked , clothes ironed and a nice bit of daily sex but it just wouldn't quite be the same

Players come and go, if Bennett goes he'll be replaced by another. I guess the trick is to not get to attached to any of them. Life is too short to worry about this crap.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

I bet poyet is thinking the same thing:)
Time to sweep this under the carpet and move on,bennett is about to make a big mistake but thats his choice.

Money talks

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
I think it was fantastic. He has said he wants a move away - he hasn't said "f*** Brighton I want to get out of this hole". There's many reasons why he may go nowhere. What better way to try to influence him than 4000 noisy fans letting him know how wanted he is, and a reminder of how we are a big club. Also, I would hope Poyet pointed out to him that without him, his teammates were playing a side that have beaten Norwich off the park.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think it was fantastic. He has said he wants a move away - he hasn't said "f*** Brighton I want to get out of this hole". There's many reasons why he may go nowhere. What better way to try to influence him than 4000 noisy fans letting him know how wanted he is, and a reminder of how we are a big club. Also, I would hope Poyet pointed out to him that without him, his teammates were playing a side that have beaten Norwich off the park.
Watford beat Norwich 3-2 at Carrow Road this season, which backs up this^^^

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

I hadn't thought of it like that :lol:

Homebird

Oct 26, 2010
Up to him if he goes -but it's his job and he's been offered lot more money at Norwich. Most of us would be tempted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here