Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet reception

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
FFS

I feel like i' been taking crazy pills,

He's put in a transfer request.....HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE

:facepalm:

mmm nor did Murray when he handed in his TWO requests but he's seemed alright for the last few seasons?! I think all fans have got over Murray's requests and he's loved by all - the same can happen with Bennett if he stays yeh?

Oct 6, 2010
I know that it's going to be controversial with some. However

I have to say that, after EB submitting a transfer request at a critical time in the season. I find todays love in, 'one Elliot Bennett' etc, utterly embarrassing.

I know that it's going to be controversial with some. However.

I have to say that, after reading this thread, I find it's bitter tone towards one of our best players, who has not gone anywhere yet, and if he does is only guilty of wanting to forward his career, as he sees fit, utterly embarrasing.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I know that it's going to be controversial with some. However.

I have to say that, after reading this thread, I find it's bitter tone towards one of our best players, who has not gone anywhere yet, and if he does is only guilty of wanting to forward his career, as he sees fit, utterly embarrasing.

buddha :facepalm:

Read the original post....Was never directed at the player, who I understand, just wants to better himself earn some more money in what is a short career.

Just found some of the chants cringeworthy and embarrassing

FlownWest

Aug 10, 2010
Until/unless he falls out with the club, which I don't think will happen personally, I see no reason to not continue our support for the man whilst hes still a Brighton player.

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
I find it stupid, as he has asked for a transfer months after given him a new contract, is the first team that come in for him and Norwich was in league one like us last season.
Also he didnt obviousally give a damn about brighton long term as he wants to leave 3 days before transfer deadline day so no time to get a replacement, so why should bee brown nose him ?
Dont get it, players like Murray dont get this treatment and he is performing week in week out.
I think bennett needs telling the word Loyalty.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I hated the boring, tedious, inevitability of the whole situation. Friends were telling me that Bennett was gone even before Christmas, then suddenly out of nowhere Norwich appear and suddenly out of nowhere Bennett hands in a transfer request.

Tony Bloom's intervention was definitely not on the cards. He hasn't read the script. Thank goodness.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
mmm nor did Murray when he handed in his TWO requests but he's seemed alright for the last few seasons?! I think all fans have got over Murray's requests and he's loved by all - the same can happen with Bennett if he stays yeh?

Yes murray did hand in two requests,but i don't recall any clubs actually wanting him do you?:D

This bennett bollocks is getting well boring,get a great fee and fuc$ him off:smokin:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
FFS

I feel like i' been taking crazy pills,

He's put in a transfer request.....HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE

:facepalm:

Would you not be tempted to leave to a better club who are almost certainly offering more money? Some people really are stupid

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I cheered for Benno yesterday but ultimately would be very unhappy if he does walk away. If Benno is in any way tentative about this move and if as we are led to believe this is more down to his agent, booing him could have helped make up his mind. Until he actually goes we must show him how much we want him to stay.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I cheered for Benno yesterday but ultimately would be very unhappy if he does walk away. If Benno is in any way tentative about this move and if as we are led to believe this is more down to his agent, booing him could have helped make up his mind. Until he actually goes we must show him how much we want him to stay.
Its pretty dam obvious we want him to stay:glare:

Clearly he has other idea's

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good reception for Elliott. Only heard 'One Elliott Bennett' though. I am pleased he was cheered, but wonder why we never did it before......

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
What's stupid is that people don't read posts before making their comments.

See five above yours. :yawn:

I don't usually read whole threads, because they're filled with bullshit. Maybe you could've made it less ambiguous in your original post, or maybe you are backtracking. Who knows?

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I know I've been on the sauce since I got home, but just wanted to say

Some people can bend over and take it, but I'm not gonna

Thats good to know, but to be honest no one's asking you to!!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes

Good point Serg. Must say though, I wouldn't have booed him

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
Footballers (with very rare exceptions) are mercenaries. They go where the money is, where their agent thinks they should go, where their ego thinks they should be. They dont by and large give a flying f*** about the club they are playing for. As I say they are exceptions (Matt le Tissier, Mayo for us?) but I've met a few and they are almost all without exception, totally self interested with v large egos. All that kissing the badge bollocks is just for show. We (the fans) are the club, no matter how good a player is, never forget that.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Footballers (with very rare exceptions) are mercenaries. They go where the money is, where their agent thinks they should go, where their ego thinks they should be. They dont by and large give a flying f*** about the club they are playing for. As I say they are exceptions (Matt le Tissier, Mayo for us?) but I've met a few and they are almost all without exception, totally self interested with v large egos. All that kissing the badge bollocks is just for show. We (the fans) are the club, no matter how good a player is, never forget that.

That's about the sum of it :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here