Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elliot Bennet reception

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I know that it's going to be controversial with some. However

I have to say that, after EB submitting a transfer request at a critical time in the season. I find todays love in, 'one Elliot Bennett' etc, utterly embarrassing.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Maybe the "love-in" was slightly ott but if the deal has not yet been done and this kept him then I for one am glad!

"You should stay with a big club"

Great chant!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Hardly a love in, a few chants of 'One Elliot Bennett' and that was it. Nothing during the game.
Yeah, what a LOVE IN!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Hardly a love in, a few chants of 'One Elliot Bennett' and that was it. Nothing during the game.
Yeah, what a LOVE IN!

There were AT LEAST 12 different chants directed at Elliott Bennett from start to finish from my section, rather more this than the most for another player Glen Murray (3).

Still good to see you got home in a good mood.:(

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
There were AT LEAST 12 different chants directed at Elliott Bennett from start to finish from my section, rather more this than the most for another player Glen Murray (3).

Still good to see you got home in a good mood.:(

Keeping count, that's dedication. How many did Chris Holroyd get?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Yeah, what a LOVE IN!

Then you can't have been listening. He was warming up on the touchline in front of us for what seemed like the whole of the first half, and there was constant chanting from the central section and those around me.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Then you can't have been listening. He was warming up on the touchline in front of us for what seemed like the whole of the first half, and there was constant chanting from the central section and those around me.

Ever thought I may have been in a completely different section to you? Sound does have a tendancy to stop travelling at some point!

Last edited:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Ever thought I may have been in a completely different section to you? Sounds does have a tendancy to stop travelling at some point!
Nice backtracking.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
I know I've been on the sauce since I got home, but just wanted to say

I LOVE THIS CLUB, always have done, there's never been another team for me. I just can't understand how a player says how wonderful it is and how he wants to stay, and then decides to submit a transfer request at a pivotal point in the season, which has got to have an effect on team moral, and were so desperate to keep him that we make excuses and say that its all his agents fault and he doesn't really want to go, and sing his name throughout the match even though he's not even playing.

Some people can bend over and take it, but I'm not gonna

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Agreed, why did he get such a good reception? I don't hold anything against him for wanting to leave but the fact is he does. Why waste your breath brown nosing someone who wants out?

Also to whoever said it was only a couple of chants, you must have been on the right side as the left side continuously sung about him. 'Benno, give us a wave' and 'Benno, what's the score?' :facepalm:

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I know that it's going to be controversial with some. However

I have to say that, after EB submitting a transfer request at a critical time in the season. I find todays love in, 'one Elliot Bennett' etc, utterly embarrassing.

Supporting one of our most valuable and best players :nono: whatever next?

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
wasnt at the game but it would be counterproductive to turn against him.

He probably wont leave til at least the summer and how he plays from now on in, could be the difference between L1 and Championship football next season

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Yeah, It's embarrasing letting a player know how much we want him to stay, don't do such a thing, you're just embarrasing us as fans . . .

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nothing wrong with showing the lad some support and hoping he stays is there!?

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
FFS

I feel like i' been taking crazy pills,

He's put in a transfer request.....HE DOESN'T WANT TO BE HERE

:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here