Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Election - let's get real

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I just think getting rid of Blair by getting Howard in is like curing yourself of chloria then catching typhoid

if Blair wins the election, he hasnt got long left anyway,he is weak within the party. They know he is now an electoral liability, and like Thatcher before him,once that becomes clear, its only a matter of time

Can I just add that you don't vote for Blair or Howard unless uou live in their consituencies.

for myself rest assured that Howard Flight MP will not be getting my vote but will be re-elected.

Storer68 said:
.....for myself rest assured that Howard Flight MP will not be getting my vote but will be re-elected.

Exactly the same for me.

In this area the tories could put a turd up for a candidate and would still win.

Come to think of it..............they have!

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Tom Hark said:
Agree with the second part of your post. Under any other circumstances, voting Labour would be a no-brainer. However, The Labour Party has completely failed to bring B.Liar to account for misleading (for 'misleading' read 'lying to') parliament and the British people over Iraq. As a result, a large number of British servicemen lost their lives, as did many thousands of innocent Iraqi civilians. Of course, many Iraqis would have had a grim time under Saddam, but since when was it Britain's job to help bring about regime change by launching an illegal invasion of a sovereign state? Especially at the request of a dodgy right-wing U.S. administration? This isn't going to go away. The only way the Labour Party can bring about closure over Iraq is by giving us B.Liar's head on a pole. Until then they will be counting the cost in millions of lost votes.

But then to do what you say is to invite a Tory PM, that to me is a no-brainer. I don't think Blair is the criminal you make out and to me the party is more important than the individual. As another poster pointed out, he is on borrowed time, just get Labour back in for Gods sake and after a year or two I doubt Blair will be leader.

sleepynick

Sep 1, 2004
Saigon, Vietnam
Westdene Seagull said:
As yet 'm still undecided but I certainly won't be voting Labour !! How could I vote for a party that :

- took us into an illegal war

- failed to equip our troops for the said illegal war

- decides they can place people under house arrest at their own whim without any recourse to the legal system

- has raised tax after tax, trapped many people earning a very average wage in the high tax bracket and failed to increase stamp duty and inheritance tax allowances

- has wasted hundreds of hours and millions of pounds on outlawing fox hunting rather than tackling real problems ( and it hasn't actually prevented fox hunting anyway ! )

- refused point blank to allow a referendum on the EU constitution until they realised the backlash that was about to happen

- feeds shit to our children at school as they budget is a miserly 35p a day but is happy to launch hundreds of missiles at innocent Iraqis at the cost of £1m per missile

- calls a deranged quack to give evidence against mothers accused of killing their children but refuses to pay compensation when his evidence is proved as reliable as chocolate teapot

- moves millions of pounds from the southern taxpayers to subsidice the northern tax payers ( who are more likely to be Labour voters )

- plunders millions from the public pension fund

- forces councils to hand over their council housing stock from their own control to third parties ( Blair - that means it's no longer council housing you plum )

- decides PFI is a good idea ( otherwise known as privatisation )

- tries to push through ID cards saying it will help prevent terrorists ( we'll just ignore the Madrid bombs and the Spanish ID system then ! )

- kills a scientist who has evidence that could bring down the Government and then restiricts the investigating judges remit to ensure nothing comes to light

- allows Wales and Scotland semi-independance but still allows their MPs to vote on purely English issues

- tries to implement an extra level of government in Regional Assemblies when we need less government not more

:clap2: :clap2:

I don't agree word for word - but there's enough reasons in there for all you potential labour voters to have something to think about.

Of course labour will win the election, but do they really deserve a healthy majority? I think not.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Duncan H said:
He rebelled on one of the votes, but went with the government on the main one. I had misgivings at the time, but I now believe the government policy on Iraq is (and was) correct. So, I'm fine with that.

But then, I like Blair. I think he's a great PM.

me too

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Now is the ideal time for Tories to get back but unfortunately they do not have leader with charisma or appeal so they will probably lose to Bliar and we shall be in for another term with them. My one hope is that Milburn is not given another Ministerial job but he probably will as hje isa BLIAR lapdog.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here