Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Election - let's get real

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The chances are there could be general election in as little as two months. Who's decided, who's wavering, ready to be persuaded by the campaign?

I don't think anything anyone's ever said in the campaign has made me change my mind.

However, even though I have never voted conservative before and probably never will, I have for the first time seriously looked at what it is they are actually offering as an alternative. Possibly as I don't see the Lib Dems as a viable government.

I'm sick of Blair's broken promises, when you think that Foot/Kinnock struggled to get over some genuinely humanitarian policies and got nowhere - Blair's had the power and carte blanche for eight years and the Bush toady blown the chance to do some real and lasting good for the people of this country.

My hunch is that if I feel like that, he's in trouble.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i'm still clueless on which way to go to be honest

this will be my first vote and i'm not going to waste it ..

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
yeah my first vote aswell and i dont want to waste mine..

so i have made a spinner with yellow,blue,red and green on it and where the spinner stops my decision is made........oh green!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm so glad that I'm not in the UK for this

byelection here in 9 days time, first time voting. I can vote Labour with impunity knowing its a different party entirely...

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
It's interesting how Blair is only ever judged on one subject - Iraq and its consequences.

Although it's very difficult to do so, if one took that particular subject out of the equation, how would he measure up against, say, Thatcher or Major (the only other two PMs in this generation) or Michael Howard (the only other contender) on domestic, social, economic, European or international (except Iraq) policies and issues...?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Difficult shout, could you vote Tory if it meant this man in charge of Defense?

soames1.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Barnet Seagull said:
Difficult shout, could you vote Tory if it meant this man in charge of Defense?

soames1.jpg

:lolol:

I think I could vote for him if he was in charge of restaurants.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Im pretty sure it will be a Labour Landslide again.
Not because they are anything special, but the thought of Howard in No10 .....lets be serious.

I for one wont be voting again. None of the parties deserve my vote. Although im well aware i should use it.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Marshy said:
Im pretty sure it will be a Labour Landslide again.
Not because they are anything special, but the thought of Howard in No10 .....lets be serious.

I for one wont be voting again. None of the parties deserve my vote. Although im well aware i should use it.

What he said...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I pretty much feel the same way as Marshy although I am continually tempted to Vote Green as I did in the council elections, just because on the global issues that I feel strongly about they pretty much hit the spot, unfortunately only to be let down on some of the issues a bit closer to home.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
Tooting Gull said:
Possibly as I don't see the Lib Dems as a viable government.

But the Lib Dems aren't going to win the election, whatever happens, so whether or not they'd be a viable government is irrelevant. I'd be more than happy to vote for them, had Belloti & Baker never been born. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure. But I absolutely, 100% will NOT be voting Tory.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
The Large One said:
It's interesting how Blair is only ever judged on one subject - Iraq and its consequences.

Although it's very difficult to do so, if one took that particular subject out of the equation, how would he measure up against, say, Thatcher or Major (the only other two PMs in this generation) or Michael Howard (the only other contender) on domestic, social, economic, European or international (except Iraq) policies and issues...?

:lolol:

Now that is said by a totally blinkered Labour supporter.

Let's ignore the bad bits, say an illegal WAR and concentrate on the good bits.

Ok so if we ignore the Poll Tax the torys would probably still be in power. Unfortunately it is these MASSIVE errors of judgement that gets governments kicked out!

I used to be die hard Lib Dem but after Baker letting me down so badly I now consider myself a floating voter. However, who should I vote for?

I agree with most of the Lib Dem policies but I WILL NEVER VOTE FOR BAKER. I'm no fan of the Torys as I don't think they have a clue what goes on in the real world. Labour do seem to be doing a decent job with the economy and employment etc. However, I'd like to have a PM I respect rather than Bush's lap dog.

At the end of the day I think I'l end up voting Tory for two reasons. Neither of which are because I want them in power!

1) They are my best bet for unseating Baker.
2) I think it is healthier for the coutry to have a closer run parliment rather than the huge majority Labour has. This way new laws may actually be debated rather than rushed through.

My ideal scenario is Baker being voted OUT! and labour losing seats to both Tory and Lid Dem and yet still win.

Too much to ask?

The Large One said:

2 points Large One.

I can remember Callaghan, Wilson and Heath. What generation?

And it's a pretty big subject to judge on even if you ignore everything else. This country was taken to war on the basis of exagerated and falsified evidence. Respected scientists were sacrificed on the alter of bliar and campbell as was Andrew Gilligan, now shown to have been substantially correct in his report but he is the one who resigned? ? ?? Forget the argument about Saddam and whether he should have been removed. blair lied to take this country to war, if I can't trust him on that what do you think I SHOULD trust him on?

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I probably wont vote as....

1. Its a safe seat

2. I'm lazy.

3. No parties Economic policies inspire me. The poor. Do you remember them? Maybe when parties do and aim policies at them I may get of my arse. Policies for Women? Yea like the Queen really needs the extra maternity leave.

So same as usual then.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
looney said:
The poor. Do you remember them? Maybe when parties do and aim policies at them I may get of my arse.

bit left wing ???

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
So is there an alternative? What with so many disilusioned and apathetical voters out there, someone surely has to pick them up at some point. Maybe there is a need for a credible fourth party. Step forwared Robert Kilroy Silk.:shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here