Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

election 2010

Where is your vote going

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Didn't 'Prudent' throw away the rainy day money and take his eye off the ball in the first place?

Easy to be wise after the event. Everybody took their eye off the ball. Patently he believed like everybody else that the good times would last forever. He got caught up in the madness of the times. Good recovery when it counted tho eh?

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Bit of a strange one, nationally I think that despite being a boring git Gordon Brown will lead the country more efficiently than Cameron.

Hoever locally I will be voting for Peter Bottomley who regardless of what rosette he wears is a great consituency MP who looks out for all his electorate regardless of whether they voted for him.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Cannot forgive Normski over Falmer, cannot bring myself to vote blue so will waste my vote in Lewes on HMS Labour, even if the old rust bucket is full of holes and sinking fast with Captain Brown on his way to a watery grave.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010
Bit of a strange one, nationally I think that despite being a boring git Gordon Brown will lead the country more efficiently than Cameron

Feck sake, please don't think, brown over Cameron, just says it all. No wonder you lower boxes for a living.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Soundbytes, that is what it is all about.

We had plenty of promises from Labour and they failed to deliver a fair amount. As with all political parties.

I am not convinced that the Conservatives don't know what to do with the country. I think they will be keen to keep their cards close to their chest to avoid any sort of plageurism.

I would like to vote the best candidate of my constituency, but then there is the overlying feeling that you want to have an effect on the outcome of the election, as opposed to the local MP.

I like Brown, but I think he is a spent force, perhaps elevated above his capacity. I am only 29, so haven't been able to vote that often, but the whole thing leaves me feeling a little powerless.

Whoever wins, they have some tough times ahead.

I am only 22, and this will be my first election I can vote in (missed the last by a month or so!) and to be honest, I do get the impression it doesn't matter much who gets voted in. There's going to be very little difference over the next term in government, if Brown does keep his place as PM then it will just be a case of keep the country steadily growing and hoping that's enough for the next election. If Cameron wins it, the Conservatives essentially have the same goal. Keep the country progressing and attempt to prove to the general public they can then lead us into the future boom. Either way, it's going to be a difficult term in office for whoever gets it.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Now that I can be honest (on a break from the Civil Service), I can admit to being a blue. Mind you, my constituency (Battersea) is probably a foregone conclusion; Tories by several thousand I should think. As an aside, Bozza, what is an advert for Sarah Palin doing on this site? That advert made me feel rather ill. I may be a Tory, but if I was a US citizen, she is the last person I would vote for.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
My vote will go to the candidate I feel best represents my interests in my constituency. This will more than likely have no relevance to the outcome of the general election as a whole.

I think it probably will be a Tory victory, although not by as big a margin as some would like to think. And to be honest considering it is, as ever, only a two horse race between the devil you know and the devil you don't I have to say that I am more interested in who gets control of my constituency than the whole country.

Sadly I don't think this country is going to get any better under the leadership of Cameron but by the same token I don't see how Labour are going to get better either.

It's a lose/lose situation.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
My vote will go to te party that I feel will allow our financial sector to remain comptetive and operate with less restrictions. A party that will make it harder for the free loaders to coin it in without any intention of contributing to society and a party that might actually consider the ramifications negagtive migration has on our people and economy.

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
How you gonna vote BNP if they don't have a candidate in B&H ???

I would vote Libertarian, but know there will be no LPUK candidate standing in Hoveland, so I'm not bothering

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
How you gonna vote BNP if they don't have a candidate in B&H ???

Quite. Not suggesting that all those who voted for BNP live in B&H, but if they are not represented and they cared that much, then they would surely put themselves forward.

Or perhaps they are a bit of political keyboard warrior?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Norman Baker is a good local MP.

Baker is a style over substance prat who would attend the opening of an envelope if he knew there would be a camera present (in Newhaven alone he's attended the official opening of some speed bumps and a rubbish bin).

He's also a hypocrite in the case of him ripping into others in Parliament over their expenses claims only to be caught himself claiming where he shouldn't have done.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Red corner. Labour are still the good guys. And Brown's ballsofsteel handling of the attempted destruction of our Western capitalist way of life by the enemy within aka the banking sector is the sole reason you're not now rioting in the streets for food like HAITIANS. Fact.
You really need to stay off the persians mate.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My ideal scenario would be a hung parliament, with Lib/Lab pact. We need to get that debt repaid, and I suspect the Libs would insist on this being done by raising taxes rather than just pulling up the drawbridge and f*** anyone without any money. To be honest, I'd prefer a cultural shift away from the underclass in this country choosing living on benefits as some sort of career choice, but no party (including the Tories) have ever done anything to address this problem, and I don't see that changing if the Tories get in.

In addition it might mean a move away from the tiresome duopoly that stifles British politics - a change from first past the post. Even the mongs who vote BNP and UKIP deserve a voice I'm afraid.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
My ideal scenario would be a hung parliament, with Lib/Lab pact. We need to get that debt repaid, and I suspect the Libs would insist on this being done by raising taxes rather than just pulling up the drawbridge and f*** anyone without any money. To be honest, I'd prefer a cultural shift away from the underclass in this country choosing living on benefits as some sort of career choice, but no party (including the Tories) have ever done anything to address this problem, and I don't see that changing if the Tories get in.

In addition it might mean a move away from the tiresome duopoly that stifles British politics - a change from first past the post. Even the mongs who vote BNP and UKIP deserve a voice I'm afraid.

For that to happen Labour will need to have the most seats. I suppose technically it could happen if Labour got closes to the Tories, but it would make it very unstable.

I'd say the Lib Dems are in just as much a cloud cuckoo land as the labour when it comes to spending. They might say some tough words about repaying but they only dropped their pledges to free tuttion fees (and other expensive pledges) relatively recently and it won't be long before they rear their ugly head.

It's a shame because I could see myself voting Lib Dem but they have made a strategic decision to move to the left of labour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here