Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

election 2010

Where is your vote going

• Total voters

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
such a shame we dont have a 3rd strong party

Isn't it more of a shame we don't have a strong first or second party?

I saw the goblinised former Tory leader William Hague giving his real-human display on Morning with Marr this morning and his general line is ridiculous. He spoke of the country wanting change, and i generally agree, but to make out the country want a return to a party who endorse a sort-yourself-out, reward-those-who-get-away-with-it-best way of thinking is just stupid. The Tories are not Obama before the Fox network got a hold of him. If the country want hope and change, then they have to try and force a change of Labour leadership to make the land more saleable and attractive and seemingly progressive, and not the mind-changing, anti-gay Cameron with his complete lack of political certainty and reliance on Brownite flimsiness to succeed.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Isn't it more of a shame we don't have a strong first or second party?

I saw the goblinised former Tory leader William Hague giving his real-human display on Morning with Marr this morning and his general line is ridiculous. He spoke of the country wanting change, and i generally agree, but to make out the country want a return to a party who endorse a sort-yourself-out, reward-those-who-get-away-with-it-best way of thinking is just stupid. The Tories are not Obama before the Fox network got a hold of him. If the country want hope and change, then they have to try and force a change of Labour leadership to make the land more saleable and attractive and seemingly progressive, and not the mind-changing, anti-gay Cameron with his complete lack of political certainty and reliance on Brownite flimsiness to succeed.

Saying that Cameron is anti-gay is a bit like accusing Brown of being in favour of unilateral nuclear disarmament, pulling out of NATO and the EU and all the other nut case things Labour used to believe in during the 80s. There are plenty of weaknesses in Cameron's position but I doubt that being perceived as anti-gay is one of them.

Lewes' best seagull

Jan 31, 2008
Baker is a style over substance prat who would attend the opening of an envelope if he knew there would be a camera present (in Newhaven alone he's attended the official opening of some speed bumps and a rubbish bin).

He's also a hypocrite in the case of him ripping into others in Parliament over their expenses claims only to be caught himself claiming where he shouldn't have done.

What politician wouldn't?

And he owes £0 in terms of expenses.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
What politician wouldn't?

Perhaps he'd be better served doing things that will actually benefit his constituents rather than taking cheap photo ops.

He's a great MP for the stuck up loony snobs of Lewes itself, and they will vote him in from now until the end of time if he gives them the chance, but he couldn't give a shit for the rest of his constituency.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here