Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd was AWESOME!!!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
He's got to be one of our most improved players this season. The step up has'nt seemed to be a problem for him.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Bridcutt started the game really well and was our best player first half. But El-Abd particularly second half was immense and should have been MOTM today.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
He's got to be one of our most improved players this season. The step up has'nt seemed to be a problem for him.
It's not a step up. He already had 50 games, give or take, at this level, prior to the beginning of the season

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
He reads the game so well & rarely gets caught out. Has forged an excellent partnership with GG.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Adam El Abd has been superb since he returned, him and Greer are as good a central defence as you'll find at this level. Brilliant last year, even better this.
Obviously Adam has played at this level before, but never as imperiously as he does now. So yes, he's made the 'step up'.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Adam El Abd has been superb since he returned, him and Greer are as good a central defence as you'll find at this level. Brilliant last year, even better this.
Obviously Adam has played at this level before, but never as imperiously as he does now. So yes, he's made the 'step up'.
I think the joker in the deck was the extent of his injury and his ability to recover from that, and not playing in the Championship per se.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Played very well against a tricky centre forward. Pleased for Adam after his nasty injury.

Mr Opinionated of Brighton behind me today slagged off El Adb for virtually everything he did and was exclaiming loudly to his friend that he couldn't see why everyone rated him. Also slated Barnes, claimed he was "rubbish, but scores lots of goals". Was getting on my nerves by the end of the 90'. If I ever get a "proper" shirt I won't have a players name on it, just "If you have any opinions please keep them to yourself for the next 90' ".

D

Deleted member 2719

He was superb, i would have like to seen him pushed into the middle of the park second half on Bailey as he dominated the middle of the pitch Adam would have snuffed him out IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here