Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd Tackle... Please describe?

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
1. It wasn't late, he just missed the ball
2. It wasn't 2 footed
3. There player wasn't even hurt

Is correct, but could have been a red, yellow maybe the right decision.

Whoever thinks it was two footed didn't see it properly at all, it was a wild swing of the leg that missed the ball and got the player.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
The tackle made a horrible noise from where I was sat, and at first I thought it could've been a serious injury. The noise was the other blokes shin-pad, which doesn't make the tackle any better. In fact it just shows you how damn bad it was! I thought he would be taking an early shower if I'm honest, but the ref thought not?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I thought it was more miss timed than malicious.

I was surprised Thornton didn't get a Yellow for his frustrated lash out with his foot while their player was on the ground.

How many yellows were given for the mass handbag swinging competition ? Two of theirs I think and Cox & Hawkins for us ? Absolutely pathetic refereeing !
I thought El-Abd got one too at the time and so thought the tackle in question here was going to be his second yellow.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
It was 5 in total.

Two for them, and three for us.

That's exactly what I thought at the time. I believed El-Abd to be one of ours, but the tackle later on and resulting yellow proved it couldn't have been him. So who was our 3rd booking ?

That incident just needed the ref to pull the players who he booked to one side, tell 'em all to put their handbags away and just get on with the game. No booking necessary at all there if you ask me.

I enjoyed El-Abd's rugby tackle. He managed to grab his opponent round the waist and pull him down.

Obviously the referee enjoyed it too ... since he didn't even stop play.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I enjoyed El-Abd's rugby tackle. He managed to grab his opponent round the waist and pull him down.

Obviously the referee enjoyed it too ... since he didn't even stop play.

I think everyone there tonight called that a rugby tackle :D

Totally bizarre decisions going on tonight.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
To be honest I expected a red. There was no attempt to get the ball and he caught him quite high.

There was EVERY attempt to get the ball and he caught him on the lower shin. No more than a yellow was deserved.

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
I am amazed by the anyone here who is stating that this was not a yellow card offence. The only miracle was that El Abd came off the pitch when he was subbed rather than receiving a red card for his woefully ill diciplined tackle.

The whole of the MK Dons bench were immediately off their bench (again!) and rightly so this time.

I felt for El Abd as he actuall seemed to be more present on the ball than any other midfielder, he is a great "stopper" and breaks up play but one thing he is not is a ball player and that showed with the many medicine balls he handed out last night.................but he was not the only one.............never seen so many simple 5 - 10 yard passes knocked with such poor conviction playing people into trouble!!!!!!!!!

PrestGull

Oct 18, 2003
I am amazed by the anyone here who is stating that this was not a RED card offence. The only miracle was that El Abd came off the pitch when he was subbed rather than receiving a red card for his woefully ill diciplined tackle.

The whole of the MK Dons bench were immediately off their bench (again!) and rightly so this time.

I felt for El Abd as he actuall seemed to be more present on the ball than any other midfielder, he is a great "stopper" and breaks up play but one thing he is not is a ball player and that showed with the many medicine balls he handed out last night.................but he was not the only one.............never seen so many simple 5 - 10 yard passes knocked with such poor conviction playing people into trouble!!!!!!!!!

Sorry corrected, I did mean red card

D

Deleted User X18H

It was right in front of me he mis timed it !! He caught the guy just above the knee joint this is just after I caught the ball and it broke my expensive watch!!

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
It was an awful challange and we were screaming for him to be sent off, as El-Abd in midfield is like putting Hilter in charge of a primary school. Please not Mr Adams El-Abd is not a midfielder, nor is Virgo and on last last performance nor is Thompson or Cox. Why when we beat Millwall and Leicester, who was the main person that run those games, Thornton, yes Thornton, so why do we play El-Abd, based on that decision alone, I do nit think Adams knows what he is doing.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Seen it on SSN, lucky boy, in this day and age it should have been red, but back in the day when football was actually worth watching he probably wouldn't have even got a yellow, still the guy got up angry and went on to score the third goal which must have made El-Abd feel like a bit of a tit.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
From my view from D block (it happened right infront of me) I was amazed he wasn't sent off, as were those around me, so much so that we all just assumed he was gonna get sent off, and were gobsmacked that he wasn't.

For me, he deliberately took the player out, the ball was not his target. If that had been an MK player, I'd have gone mad with rage at the yellow instead of red.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here