Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd Tackle... Please describe?

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Everyone is talking about El Abd's tackle tonight which should've been a red - can somebody please describe the actual tackle for us exiles? :)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
From what I saw, he sythed into the Dons player from the side. Looked a bit rash, and yellow was probably fair.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
To be honest I expected a red. There was no attempt to get the ball and he caught him quite high.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it was one of those challenges that look really bad, but if you look at the replay and are a fan of the tackler, a red card is harsh. If you're a fan of the victim you'd say el-abd should be banned for life.

When I saw it, I expected him to go. He definitely dived in late in a dangerous fashion, but the ref seemed determined to end the game with 22 players on the pitch, which is what fans ask for all the time (unless they're team can get an advantage)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I had mentioned to my mate that it was while since I had since an El Abd "tackle". Second half he obliged. The ball was there to be won for some reason he decided to ignore it and go striaght over the ball taking the guy out somewhere between his ankle and knee. I had a good view and if it had been the other way round I would have been shouting for a red for sure.

That said I would have given him MOM for that alone, best bit of entertainment of the evening.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Ive just seen the highlights. How he didnt get a red was beyond me:lolol:it did make me laugh though, as it always seems to be El-Abd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here