Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd, miss of the season or indeed ever?!!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Yesterday, an inch from the goal line :lol: or was he setting Noone up for his superb strike.

As someone next to me said, a season or two ago he would have been hung, drawn and quartered by the Withdean faithful, yesterday we just laughed!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not as much as I laughed at Barnes airshot

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As someone next to me said, a season or two ago he would have been hung, drawn and quartered by the Withdean faithful, yesterday we just laughed!

I'm pleased to say the Withdean faithful, have become a bit more educated these days, we react with far more poise these days. Shocking miss, but "worst ever?" Not a chance, just off the top of my head there was one by Kanu in his brief West Brom (I think) days when he was virtually on the goal-line and in the middle of the goal, and somehow put it over the bar. Kanu defeated almost every law of physics and trig with that one.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I'm pleased to say the Withdean faithful, have become a bit more educated these days, we react with far more poise these days. Shocking miss, but "worst ever?" Not a chance, just off the top of my head there was one by Kanu in his brief West Brom (I think) days when he was virtually on the goal-line and in the middle of the goal, and somehow put it over the bar. Kanu defeated almost every law of physics and trig with that one.

I did leave it open to interpretation! But yes, Kanu's effort was pretty shocking!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
It was undoubtedly the worst miss I have ever seen from a Brighton player. It's often said 'it would have been easier to score' but this was one of the few occasions where it was actually true! Just a good job we were two up at the time!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Barnes air shot was a comedy classic

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
El abd was wide of the goal post at an acute angle. Missable - and he did. Revell's was far, far worse btw. Saw Tony Grealish miss from one yard in front of the North Stand at the Goldstone. He was actually in front of the goal and managed to lift it over the bar!!

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It was a bad miss, but not the worse ever as it wasn't directly in front of goal.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
El abd was wide of the goal post at an acute angle. Missable - and he did. Revell's was far, far worse btw. Saw Tony Grealish miss from one yard in front of the North Stand at the Goldstone. He was actually in front of the goal and managed to lift it over the bar!!

Agree completely. He was also sliding in and difficult to control a ball like that. Would have loved to have seen Adam score a goal at Withdean. Would have been the icing on the cake for what's been a brilliant season for him.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Surely the miss of the season was when someone scored and Murry went to hit the rebound back into the net in front of an open goal and the ball virtually left the ground ?

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

Do me a favour! Acute angle?! He was practically level with the near post! It was a terrible, terrible miss - fortunately for him he was an absolute monster at the back again, and remains on course for my Player of the Season vote.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

I agree, yeah he should have scored and if he was left footed he probably would have done. I think the problem was that he needed to get a bit of curl to score from there and being right footed couldnt quite manage it. As already said, Revells miss for Orient was 10 times worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here