Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd Free To Leave Club

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Uncle Buck said:
Not much, he is a bit of a jack of all trades. However as he is contracted I am just saying the club might initially be looking for a small fee as we are continuely told that money is tight at the club.

Probably a nominal £5-15K I would say.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'd say if Gary Hart went for a set of kit , then El Abd would prob just about fetch the elastic from a jock strap

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
seagull4life said:
shame we didn't hold onto P.Hinsh
Yes, but loyalty contracts come first so we have to release some youngsters that may turn out to be good and keep hold of old has beens.

:jester: :jester:

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
does anyone remember Dick Knight's big speech before the Oldham game, about Revelling at Falmer, and having Robinson in it, El-ABD in it etc.

Was one of a handful of names dropped in the future stars list...very recently.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
how short peoples memories are. El-abd was one of our better players previous two seasons. now he's not fit for a fee?

i'd rather see the club offer some conselling and start afresh in the pre-seaons, see if he responds. then ditch him if he still has a problem.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Is it free to go as in he has no future or free to go but he can stay if he makes an effort to change his attitude?

Whatever way it's potentially another player leaving under a cloud. It's not been a great couple of years regarding club/fan relations really.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Was it Richie who told us Paul Brooker was coming back? Or am I confused again?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well El Abd SORTED himself out once before Im sure he CAN do it AGAIN.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
This club seems to have a MAJOR problem.

Any player that shows a bit of attitude or expresses an opinion is thrown out on his ear.

We might as well start playing dominoes or join an inter-counties knitting league.

Football is a man's game, we are developing a bunch of short-arsed softies at the moment. We have little or no physical presence on the field, and no "characters" (other than Charlie) withing the squad.

McGhhee started it (Knight, Mcammon etc etc.) and Wilkins appears to be following suit.

I'm not condoning violent behavior (or even the prima donna syndrome), but most successful clubs have one or two players on their books with a bit of steel, or that little touch of flair to their personanlity that makes them hard to manage, but exciting to watch.

Where's ours????????????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here