Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd Free To Leave Club

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't read this as being "allowed to leave on a free", it's more likely to be a case of telling him he can go talk to other clubs, and we've possibly told him how much we'd want for him.

There is no way I can see us letting him go for nothing, and as much as I criticised him over his outburst, I do quite rate the player, and I doubt he'd struggle to find a club if him and his agent are out there touting with a nominal £50k price tag on him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He'd definitely come back to haunt us, sorry I mean kick us

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Woodchip said:
1st part, right. 2nd part, are we watching the same El Abd??

No, that bit wasn't about El-Adb.
I was referring to players like Leon Knight.

But my point is, if you only keep the "low maintenance" players, you end up with dull football.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Can't believe we would let him go, he has been one of our better players in the last two years.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Reckon he'll be bound for MK Dons, then - they seem to take Seagulls' players with attitude problems.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
TonyW said:
No, that bit wasn't about El-Adb.
I was referring to players like Leon Knight.

But my point is, if you only keep the "low maintenance" players, you end up with dull football.

BANG ON.

Hence why I wish we had had a manager with decent enough man management skills to keep the likes of Knight and Kazim-Richards at the club. instead of McGAY.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Caveman said:
:lolol: Here we go.

Pull this one it has bells on.

The Brooker one was a mate of mine who hung about with Brooker a bit on holiday that Summer.

This one is from a CREDIBLE source who has been right about other things this season, which some other posters (i.e. Uncle Buck) can testify to.

El Abd's problems started when McGhee was here and it does not seem like they have been sorted out. Shame.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
Richie Morris said:
The Brooker one was a mate of mine who hung about with Brooker a bit on holiday that Summer.

This one is from a CREDIBLE source who has been right about other things this season, which some other posters (i.e. Uncle Buck) can testify to.

El Abd's problems started when McGhee was here and it does not seem like they have been sorted out. Shame.

Did McGhee not try and loan El-Abd out before, partly as he was seen as disruptive?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Buck said:
Did McGhee not try and loan El-Abd out before, partly as he was seen as disruptive?
To Hibs or Hearts wasn't it?

1066gull

Jake is so cool to talk to, and last time I messaged him he sounded pretty good about Adam.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
AdrianDINho said:
Jake is so cool to talk to, and last time I messaged him he sounded pretty good about Adam.

Do you honestly think that if there was a training ground bust up that the club are trying to keep quiet, that Jake Robinson would tell YOU about it?!?

1066gull

Withdean Wanderer said:
Do you honestly think that if there was a training ground bust up that the club are trying to keep quiet, that Jake Robinson would tell YOU about it?!?
Shut it. He never told me anything nor did I request anything from him.:rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here