Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El Abd Free To Leave Club

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Yorkie said:
It's a good job the real fans didn't keep quiet about Archer and Bellotti then.

a huge difference between a board making us homeless and a player being released I would think.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
ROSM said:
a huge difference between a board making us homeless and a player being released I would think.

True but anything which may be disruptive whether it be happenings with the players (or not as the case may be) or in the club itself is better in the open than secretive.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:
TWO DAYS later? I knew WEEKS earlier.

But I kept the news to myself.

Was that bad?

Well done you.

I just thought people would be interested.

Apparantly the final straw was when Dean Cox said he was off over El Abd's latest outburst.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
timbha said:
- at one time many believed/hoped Bellotti was the man to bring back the good times to the Albion.
Indeed. He wasn't always chased from the ground. I had a very nice chat with him in the rain/snow on the terrace a Hull when he first arrived.

Yorkie said:
True but anything which may be disruptive whether it be happenings with the players (or not as the case may be) or in the club itself is better in the open than secretive.
Not necessarily so. With the state of modern communications, it is sometimes the case that getting stuff out into the open can itself be more disruptive than is good for the well-being of the Club.

We all know, for example, that some footballers' agents, friends or family deliberately plant rumours in order to set balls rolling.

Fans need to treat some of this stuff as the rubbish it is.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Lord Bracknell said:

Fans need to treat some of this stuff as the rubbish it is.

How do you know what is rubbish and what isn't?
I would have also thought that modern communications mean fans are more informed about the goings on at their club.

Richie Morris said:
How do you know what is rubbish and what isn't?
I would have also thought that modern communications mean fans are more informed about the goings on at their club.
Exactly.

This is the dilemma. All I'm suggesting is that we keep our wits about us and don't take all "information" at face value.

At the time of McGhee's departure, it was still worth reading what Andy Naylor had to say. But once people realised that McGhee was feeding him a particular angle on the story, what he had to say took on a different slant.

For example.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Agreed but I don't think it should stop people posting, or passing on information they have.

A bit like how the tabloids handle stories, people can take posts with a pinch of salt and make of them what they want.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
"A little knowlegde can be a dangerous thing"

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Richie Morris said:
Agreed but I don't think it should stop people posting, or passing on information they have.

A bit like how the tabloids handle stories, people can take posts with a pinch of salt and make of them what they want.

I think that's fair enough, so long as everybody is prepared to come clean about how reliable their sources are, and make the distinction between the 'I have it on VERY good authority that....' and the 'I heard, right, that.....'

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
m20gull said:
Indeed. He wasn't always chased from the ground. I had a very nice chat with him in the rain/snow on the terrace a Hull when he first arrived.

as i did at Plymouth on the terracing one cold windy new years day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Richie Morris said:
I had this on very good authority.

I have it on good authority that Leon Knight is a horrible little shit.

Source ?

Everyone who has ever met him or read what he has to say in the papers.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
On the occasions I've met him, he's been a thoroughly decent bloke and very kind to Lil' Coach. Everyone is capable of outbursts through frustration (um.... just about EVERYONE on here at some point?) and I dont think he's deserving of the witch hunt there's been on some threads. He's HARDLY Leon Knight is he?

Attachments

• el-abd.jpg
    el-abd.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 124

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here