Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

El-Abd - FINALLY

TrevorDove

Jan 4, 2004
Brighton
It's not about the swearing, it's about double standards.

If a players foul and abusive behaviour can be passed off as passion so can mine.

SO f*** YOU ALL :tosser:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Titanic said:
If you didn't give him any stick, then the gestures and swearing were not aimed at you. No problem.

That's not how it looked from where I was stood.

In fact, I'll go further than that .... that's not how it WAS. He was definitely calling me, along with those around me, and those further down from us, and further along from us, ":censored: " and ":censored: :censored: "

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gritt23 said:

In fact, I'll go further than that .... that's not how it WAS. He was definitely calling me, along with those around me, and those further down from us, and further along from us, ":censored: " and ":censored: :censored: "

But if what he said is factually correct does it make him wrong.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Les Biehn said:
But if what he said is factually correct does it make him wrong.

But he was factually INcorrect. I have been known to wank, so he's ok on that one, but I am not a ladies front bottom, let alone one that is f*cking anyone or indeed anything.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Gritt23 said:
But he was factually INcorrect. I have been known to wank, so he's ok on that one, but I am not a ladies front bottom, let alone one that is f*cking anyone or indeed anything.

A very well put forward argument sir.:clap:

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
I seemed to have been pictured in the argus surrounded by those fans who were getting most upset by el abds comments - and from that vantage I would say that some were singling out adam for some major abuse and then when he handed it back they acted outraged. I'm glad he's apologised but the fans need to stop being idiots as well.
I'm seriously considering not renewing next season as I'm fed up with being surrounded by adults who act like kids in D and E block - there only seem to be a few of us who sit there who actually want to have fun and enjoy ourselves.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Gritt23 said:

Well, I was at the front of G block, with my 15yo son, and we saw him, very clearly, but I did not take it as a personal affront, because I had not booed him or anyone else.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Barrel of Fun said:
The message is crystal clear - Get behind the team!

Case closed.

The message is indeed clear ..... once you decided you are going to the game, enjoy it, come what may. Essentially like it or lump it. Regardless of how we are playing, or how many defeats you see, negative opinions are not acceptable.

Personally, although I was not booing at the end, I have absolutely no problem with those who were. The run we've been on at home I think that shows tremendous restraint and tolerance on the part of the Albion supporters, to be (a couple of idiots pre-match apart) offering no more than a few boos at full time. The fact that we've seen a week of stories telling everyone how abusive and generally unsupportive we are, is simply not a fair reflection.

Your apology is accepted Adam, I just wish it had come sooner, and been rather more contrite.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Titanic said:
Well, I was at the front of G block, with my 15yo son, and we saw him, very clearly, but I did not take it as a personal affront, because I had not booed him or anyone else.

I think it's fair to say I wasn't alone in my reaction around where I sit (on the border of blocks D and E), and there was no booing around me.

If you saw it differently, so be it. All I'm expressing is how I felt.

Gritt23 said:
I think it's fair to say I wasn't alone in my reaction around where I sit (on the border of blocks D and E), and there was no booing around me.

If you saw it differently, so be it. All I'm expressing is how I felt.

Thanks for that "Outraged of Southwick".

I'm amazed that anyone could be on the least bit offended by what he did. I'm not, he was pissed off, we were pissed off. It all got a bit heated.

Who cares?

tricky

Jul 7, 2003
Reigate
Gritt23 - I think I sit just a bit behind you and I did see a group a bit further up and on the right that were going mental at adam as soon as the whistle blew.
Anyway - lets just hope the team and the fans can unite for the last few games so we can actually enjoy them without wanting to go home and slit our wrists...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
El-Abd had nothing to say sorry for, he only did what the crowd were doing at him. If you can throw it at him you should be big enough to take it back.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
TrevorDove said:
I'm not upset about his actions at all - couldn't give a toss to be honest.

The thing that gets on my tits is the self righteous Perry spouting off abouting banning people when his own staff can't even keep their emotions in check.

If I get banned from Withdean for swearing does that mean I can use El-Abd's excuse?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I would like to express my thanks on this board to Tank and Race, who seemed to spend most of Sunday on here trying to diffuse the situation. For the first time ever, I PM,d them, and not only received a very quick and polite reply, but also a full explanation of all the "why,s" and wherefore,s" . They carefully explained the players viewpoint, and also that they fully understood how so many of the supporters felt.
From being pretty miffed after the game, to put it mildy, their reply helped me to understand both points of view.
Martin Perry could learn a lot about diplomacy from them.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
cjd said:
I would like to express my thanks on this board to Tank and Race, who seemed to spend most of Sunday on here trying to diffuse the situation. For the first time ever, I PM,d them, and not only received a very quick and polite reply, but also a full explanation of all the "why,s" and wherefore,s" . They carefully explained the players viewpoint, and also that they fully understood how so many of the supporters felt.
From being pretty miffed after the game, to put it mildy, their reply helped me to understand both points of view.
Martin Perry could learn a lot about diplomacy from them.

That's good to hear.

For the record, Martin Perry hasn't responded to either of my emails yet.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gritt23 said:
The message is indeed clear ..... once you decided you are going to the game, enjoy it, come what may. Essentially like it or lump it. Regardless of how we are playing, or how many defeats you see, negative opinions are not acceptable.

Personally, although I was not booing at the end, I have absolutely no problem with those who were. The run we've been on at home I think that shows tremendous restraint and tolerance on the part of the Albion supporters, to be (a couple of idiots pre-match apart) offering no more than a few boos at full time. The fact that we've seen a week of stories telling everyone how abusive and generally unsupportive we are, is simply not a fair reflection.

Your apology is accepted Adam, I just wish it had come sooner, and been rather more contrite.

Spot on!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Gritt23 said:
That's good to hear.

For the record, Martin Perry hasn't responded to either of my emails yet.

Britney Spears has not replied to any of mine either. :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here