Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Eddie nkitiah

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I has Eddie n ever done to justify 10 million, let alone 20? He could not get a game for Leeds in champo and hardly played for arsenal. I currently put him in the same bracket as Brewster and solanke as players assumed to be good because of where they are from, but I see no reason to take a huge punt on someone like that when we have Swiss andi and Connelly.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I don't think he will improve our starting XI. If Arsenal are struggling and he can't get in there, that says something to me.

We don't need another prospect. Not for £10 to £20m. We can't give game time to the ones we've got.

Unless we're prepared to get rid of Zeqiri and Connolly and throw our lot totally behind Nketiah, I don't think we should be helping Arsenal out.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I has Eddie n ever done to justify 10 million, let alone 20? He could not get a game for Leeds in champo and hardly played for arsenal. I currently put him in the same bracket as Brewster and solanke as players assumed to be good because of where they are from, but I see no reason to take a huge punt on someone like that when we have Swiss andi and Connelly.
Who is Connelly? - I can't remember him coming in.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I don't think he will improve our starting XI. If Arsenal are struggling and he can't get in there, that says something to me.

We don't need another prospect. Not for £10 to £20m. We can't give game time to the ones we've got.

Unless we're prepared to get rid of Zeqiri and Connolly and throw our lot totally behind Nketiah, I don't think we should be helping Arsenal out.

If Arsenal sell Aubamayang or Lacazette Nketiah and Nelson might sign the new deals they've been offered. At the moment they are behind those two plus Pepe and Saka for the wide attacking options, i dont see that as a slight oneither of those two as ALL of our attacking options would struggle for game time at Arsenal too.

I think we are pretty weak in the wide attacking options, we have Trossard who blows hot and cold, Zeqiri who may or may not be up to it, Welbeck if he is fit and that, i think is about it. Nketiah can play wide or through the middle.

If we signed him and Nelson for probably less than Nuñez, i'd say that is good business tbh. Both would come with a point to prove, both could shine wherever they go next.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If Palace have plumped for Edouard I suspect they have stopper harassing Arsenal over Nketiah.

There was a rumour that we’d wanted him as part of the White deal.

I wonder if we’ll be sniffing about bearing in mind he can sign a contract in January for a free transfer next June.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
If Palace have plumped for Edouard I suspect they have stopper harassing Arsenal over Nketiah.

There was a rumour that we’d wanted him as part of the White deal.

I wonder if we’ll be sniffing about bearing in mind he can sign a contract in January for a free transfer next June.

Erm he’s gone to feyenoord lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We already have Connolly for the project striker who does it at Under 21's but can't seem to make the jump (yet) to scoring goals in the seniors. Eddie is amazing for the England youth sides but so were the likes of Solanke. All three strike me as career Championship players (still very good but not where we are now). Could probably file the Swedish lad who left last year into the category too. Were they all signed as prospects while we were in the Championship by any chance?

Zequiri is the prospect who'll make it as a squad player after more game time and then we have some other potential in younger age groups that's very exciting.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Argus reckon that Arsenal accepted an offer from Palace but that Nketiah did not agree to personal terms.

In essence, if he was not going to take Palace’s £80k pw, there is no way he’d be taking our £35k pw.

This one is dead folks. The lad is after the money and wants to be a free agent and earn mega bucks.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Argus reckon that Arsenal accepted an offer from Palace but that Nketiah did not agree to personal terms.

In essence, if he was not going to take Palace’s £80k pw, there is no way he’d be taking our £35k pw.

This one is dead folks. The lad is after the money and wants to be a free agent and earn mega bucks.

I heard he wanted £50k a week but Palace insisted he took £110k so talks broke down.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

Incredible that he wants this before he's even proved anything in senior football

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Turned down a bumper new contract. Could he be the mystery striker we're after? Think we'd get him for £25m.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here