Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Eddie nkitiah

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Do those goals not count then? I'm confused by your system. A goal by a midfielder counts the same......

Let's say we take your odd system on board. All we need is Maupay to score 2 more over 36 games and you'll be happy and your desperation for a new striker would be removed. I think that's a sensible aim and I applaud you for it.

As you said, you just want a striker who can score 10 goals. We have one who did that one season and was 2 short last season and that was only playing in 33 of the 38 games. You must be delighted as we already have the answer to all your concerns here.

No, you asked me what a striker, one striker, must get. I said at least 10. You cannot then add in goals by other players to get 10. Maupay went backwards last season. I genuinely hope he gets 10 or more goals next season. I have my doubts.

And, yes, all goals count as 1 goal. If we had free scoring midfielders it would take the pressure off our strikers. We don’t. £25m for Willock (interested?). I wish we were!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No, you asked me what a striker, one striker, must get. I said at least 10. You cannot then add in goals by other players to get 10. Maupay went backwards last season. I genuinely hope he gets 10 or more goals next season. I have my doubts.

And, yes, all goals count as 1 goal. If we had free scoring midfielders it would take the pressure off our strikers. We don’t. £25m for Willock (interested?). I wish we were!

So if Maupay gets 10 then you will say we didn't need a striker.

He just needs 2 more more goals than last season. Seems easy enough

I'd say trying to get 2 goals extra out of a settled player seems easier than recruiting a new one.

I'm just trying to understand your expectations. If you said you think the striker should get 20 goals then I'd agree we need a new striker. But the number you've given has been achieved by our current striker before.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Balagon is better than Nkitiah and both are better than Big Jurg some people might need reassess their opinions.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If Nketiah is watching this Arsenal performance then any move will do, their defence is shocking.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No you cannot add in other players to achieve the total for one player. Problem not solved.

Man city scored more goals last season than in 19/20, without a striker getting more than 10, seems other players had to chip in a bit.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Man city scored more goals last season than in 19/20, without a striker getting more than 10, seems other players had to chip in a bit.

But you didn’t read or understand the original question. I was asked how many do I expect 1 (that is ONE) striker to score. You cannot then say, but the midfield will chip in with, say 5, so that brings the striker’s total to 12, or whatever!

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
So if Maupay gets 10 then you will say we didn't need a striker.

He just needs 2 more more goals than last season. Seems easy enough

I'd say trying to get 2 goals extra out of a settled player seems easier than recruiting a new one.

I'm just trying to understand your expectations. If you said you think the striker should get 20 goals then I'd agree we need a new striker. But the number you've given has been achieved by our current striker before.

Once two seasons ago. And, anyway, we would need another 10 from somewhere else. Where would that be? Welbs? If he stays fit? Midfield? No.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Once two seasons ago. And, anyway, we would need another 10 from somewhere else. Where would that be? Welbs? If he stays fit? Midfield? No.

Has 1 already and mac allister (who I said could score more this season) got his.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Has 1 already and mac allister (who I said could score more this season) got his.

I have to say yesterday was atypical in that we were clinical in our finishing. If that continues throughout the season then we will do well. Will it? I doubt it but obviously hope it does

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I have to say yesterday was atypical in that we were clinical in our finishing. If that continues throughout the season then we will do well. Will it? I doubt it but obviously hope it does

It's almost like players might sometimes improve over time and practice.......

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It's almost like players might sometimes improve over time and practice.......

Errr. One swallow does not a summer make. Plenty did not improve last season, especially the strikers…

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Errr. One swallow does not a summer make. Plenty did not improve last season, especially the strikers…

I understand there being a certain amount of scepticism but looking at the stats yesterday

Burnley possession 36
Albion possession 64

Burnley shots on goal 14
Albion shots on goal 14

Burnley shots on target 3
Albion shots on target 8

Burnley goals 1
Albion goals 2

it, well to me certainly, is obvious that we have been working on getting more shots away. Certainly I thought that was the case yesterday. We won't play against a more physical side in the PL this season so, assuming the aerial bombardment/physicality game isn't re-introduced by the relaxing of the VAR rules, we should be more than OK.

TNBA

TTF

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I understand there being a certain amount of scepticism but looking at the stats yesterday

Burnley possession 36
Albion possession 64

Burnley shots on goal 14
Albion shots on goal 14

Burnley shots on target 3
Albion shots on target 8

Burnley goals 1
Albion goals 2

it, well to me certainly, is obvious that we have been working on getting more shots away. Certainly I thought that was the case yesterday. We won't play against a more physical side in the PL this season so, assuming the aerial bombardment/physicality game isn't re-introduced by the relaxing of the VAR rules, we should be more than OK.

TNBA

TTF

And in the past there have been a number of matches where we have had no shots on target…….

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
And in the past there have been a number of matches where we have had no shots on target…….

Under Hoots, yes, not under GP tho

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Personally I dont see him as a striker of interest. Although who knows. Ive stated before no club will pie off a decent young striker if they think they can score goals in the Premier League. Arsenal have a history of very good Under 21 strikers who fail to cut it in the Premier league.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Nketiah. Not sure. I think Nelson would be a better bet. We could do with someone who is more an out and out winger even if we rarely play with one.
Has either done enough though?
AMN also rumoured to be off, again. Shame he wants to play CM because he'd sort out the need for any full backs/wing backs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here