Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eddie howe nice to see

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
He is a young manager and still has a lot to learn, both on and off the pitch.

Gus has been known to say the wrong thing to our fans and players.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
TBH, I reckon he made the right decision re Pal@rse and Charlton, and looks like he is making the correct call again - Burnley FC has so much more potential than B'muff...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Bournemouth have got Pugh. He is their best player by a long mile, but Feeney is decent, as well as Pearce and Garry at the back and of course Steve Fletcher.

I'll take Pugh... Fletcher a little over the hill now, surely?

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Ah well. This will happen to us one day. Should we reach what is perceived to be the maximum of our potential (repeat "Bournemouth are over-performing" ad-nauseum) - then the manager will be off.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't think it's so much that he's 100% loyal to Bournemouth- if that were the case, he wouldn't have even spoken to Palace or Charlton.

It's more that he doesn't think either vacancy is right for him, and I can see why he'd think that. Charlton offer little more than he's already got...why sell yourself short? And Palace are just a disaster area.

I reckon Howe will be gone by the end of the season, but to a better club than the two above.

Ahem.

<polishes crystal ball one more time and places back in cupboard>

My only mistake was not writing cynically "loyalty: my ARSE" at the end of the original post. You could see it coming a mile off just from his body language in the press statement he gave two days ago.

Don't bet on Bournemouth plummetting immediately though, well not unless Howe takes some of the players with him. They've got where they are by playing the plucky, put-upon underdog card, and it seems to suit them down to the ground. If you gave them a load of cash and Jose Mourinho as boss they wouldn't know what to do. Bearing in mind they've operated under about a hundred transfer embargoes in recent years, they must be pretty good at coping with adversity, and I suspect the players will want to prove a point. I can see them sticking it out until the bitter end this season, and then slumping next time round when reality hits.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if they won tonight (hope not obviously), although assuming Bournemouth know by now the Burnley job is a done deal, I am very surprised indeed that they are letting Howe and Tindall take charge of the team for the game. Get him out, FFS, how on earth will the players react to Howe's instructions now, when they know he won't be there on Monday to deal with anything that comes up?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Will be very interesting to watch his progress.

Undoubtedly a very good 'man manager'........but so was Peter Taylor. It was when Taylor was given money to spend he turned out to be, not quite so good.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Will be very interesting to watch his progress.

Undoubtedly a very good 'man manager'........but so was Peter Taylor. It was when Taylor was given money to spend he turned out to be, not quite so good.

Which is why I think he's better off at a modestly sized Championship club like Burnley than, say, Leicester or Forest, where the pressure would have been on him to spank loads of money on players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here