Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

eddie howe nice to see

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I would not have thought this was a hard decision. He probably took one look at Palace and the mess they are in. He would have been mad to go there at this stage in his young career. He is trying to build a reputation not ruin one. What could he have possibly achieved going there at the moment. He may have kept them up(maybe) but if he keeps Bournemouth in the top six, he will be offered a championship job in the summer anyway.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I like Howe. A real prospect for the future.

Good manager, good decision not to ruin his career at this early stage. I'd like Bournemouth to join us in the. championship.

see I still want to be selfish and hope Portsmouth,Southampton , Bournemouth AND (don't know how but) Reading are all in league one , be nice to have abit more time on the local news

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sky Sports News now reporting he might be going to Burnley

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I don't think it's so much that he's 100% loyal to Bournemouth- if that were the case, he wouldn't have even spoken to Palace or Charlton.

It's more that he doesn't think either vacancy is right for him, and I can see why he'd think that. Charlton offer little more than he's already got...why sell yourself short? And Palace are just a disaster area.

I reckon Howe will be gone by the end of the season, but to a better club than the two above.

Agree 100%

EDIT: Oops, didn't see reason for bounce. Oh well! Proves Edna's point!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
IF he goes to Burnley, then it can only help our promotion bid... it would be the ideal scenario for us... better than him going to Charlton (another rival)... and we certainly didn't want him going to Pal@rse; he might have kept them up...

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Apparenty he told BMuff players to block any transfers as he worked out his future (when Palace and harlton were sniffing), as he was most likely going to stay. Then he hops it!

Twat!

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
He's going to a club that is:

a] Miles away from Bournemouth

b] Probably going to pay him more

c] Not that far off the play-offs with half the season to play

d] Potentially going to be back in the Prem next year

Bit of a no-brainer really

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
He's going to a club that is:

a] Miles away from Bournemouth

b] Probably going to pay him more

c] Not that far off the play-offs with half the season to play

d] Potentially going to be back in the Prem next year

Bit of a no-brainer really

Maybe, but what a sh*t thing to do to the fans after he announced he was going to stay

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Maybe, but what a sh*t thing to do to the fans after he announced he was going to stay

I agree - but it's clear the players would do such a thing if offered so I guess it has to work that way for the Manager as well. I can only assume that, after all he'd said about Bournemouth prior to his decision to stay, this offer must have come out of the blue and was just too good to turn down

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hopefully, he jumps ship, then takes the better B'muff players with him...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here